Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie fishing from a ranger 520??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie fishing from a ranger 520??

I'm upgrading boats and looking for some advice....really looking hard at the ranger boat line. Found a used 520vx. I understand the ranger is a great ride, a great boat, etc..... But how satisfied will I be crappie fishing from a bass boat? Crappie fish (spider rig) probably 70% of time. Looking to upgrade for the following reasons---bigger boat, bigger motor, and more room. Upgrading from an aluminum 17.5 tracker.

Can I rig it for two seats up front easily?
    Spider rigging easily?
    Holds well in the wind?
    The positives of why??

Not looking for "this boat is better to fish out of then that one" topic. Looking for feedback for guys/ladies who crappie fish out of a big bass boat.

thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great for crappie fishing. Heavy and stable. A 521 or 522 would be even better! I fish from a 23' Ranger bay and love it!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

i recently sold my tin boat and bought a glass bass boat..... absoulty love it.....cant speak for the ranger (yet, still saving for one) but a glass bass boat is a great plat form to crappie fish from..... trolls nice.......great in the wind.....lots of storage......cover more water/ less travel time.......only negative is the gas consumption........

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm lookin for guys.

Thanks!!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I guide for crappie from a 21 foot Stratos Bass Boat which is very similar to the Ranger. You will love the great ride, solid feel, low wind resistance, and plenty of storage. You can easily spider rig from both ends of the boat. If you get the boat be aware that we sell bases for the cleats on that boat that will allow you to spider rig without drilling any holes. I have had guide trips with as many as 16 rod holders and did not drill any holes or scratch the boat. Check us out at Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished out of aluminum and glass...The last 2 boats were glass bass boats and the one I fish out of now is a 19 ft fiberglass Searay ski boat that I modified into a crappie fishing boat. The only drawback to bass boats, in my opinion, is stepping up or down to get on or off the fishing decks. The older you get get the less you like it. 10 years ago it dodn't bother me, but now my knees ain't liking it too good. That why I changed to the ski boat last year. But you'll love the way the heavier glass boats ride, handle and fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked out the 600 series? We've been lookin real hard at the 620vs.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

The 620VS is awesome for crappie fishing!!!!!! I am hoping to run across a good deal on one of those one day. A used one!!...Aint no way I can get a new one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TnT View Post
    A used one!!...Aint no way I can get a new one.
    Us either! I figure the newest one we'll be able to afford will be an 05 through maybe 08 and we'll probably have to drive way up north to get it!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

lots of used 600 series in the minnesota craigs list
    I know thats a long ways but a good way to get prices on used boats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast