Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: pocket knives

Post Thanks / Like

Default pocket knives

Do you always carry a pocket knife?
    What kind do you carry the most?

I myself carry two knives, one is a small pocket clip type (kershaw) that I use the most. I also carry a multi tool type that fits in a pouch on my belt. (SOG) I use the pliers for almost everything from nuts and bolts to grabbing hot cooking pots and pans when camping.and getting hooks out of fishes mouths.
    I have always carried a pocket knife, from grade school and all through college. I guess you would be kicked out of school if you did this now.
    Times have changed. When I have to get dressed up my knife of choice is a small old 1973 case knife, you know for formal occasions, and such.
    Kinda like shirt and shoes, I just don't feel dressed without my pocket knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Have always carried a Case.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Got a US made Buck I carry. Don't like the China version not as good on the steel.

Post Thanks / Like

I have carried an Old Timer for about 30 years now. However it seems I will have to change brands now.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Other than when going to work ...

I carry a Frontier 3 blade ... nothing fancy, just for "all purpose" use. But, when I go fishing or hunting ... out comes my SOG Flash II .... cp

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember never carrying one. At least ever since dad taught me how to play mumbly (sp) peg when I was very little.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

i had an uncle henry that i had for about 8yrs, bought my dad one just like it. lost mine last year and had to by a case. dont seem right not carrying a knife
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I know I am young (35 yrs old) by alot of your standards, but I have carried a knife since I was old enough to be given one by my Dad. Alot of guys my age don't carry one or carry one of the clip on style just for that reason. Most of them don't even know how to sharpen them or take care of them. Just my complaint with someone carring something they don't know how to take care of or use. My knife of choice depend on the situation, mostly carry a CRKT, or a Uncle Henry.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i carry a case or a unckle henry . i wear them out in a couple of years . have a knife with a broken blade in it . my soninlaw is putting a new blade in it for me . this is some of his work.

http://www.pridgencustomknives.com/index.html
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I've carried a knife for as long as I can remember. I've had a lot of different brands over the years and have either lost them or wore them out. But I have a Barlow that I've had for twenty plus years that is my favorite.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast