Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr crappie solo reel review

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr crappie solo reel review

I know everyone interested in these reels read the previous review about the reel reeling up line even with small twitches. I did not post this in that thread for the reason of I wanted this to be easily seen rather than be a couple of pages back.
    I just ordered one of these and I was kind of skeptical because I read the previous review but I figured it was only $15 and I read the way Wally stood by his product and then figured I couldn't go wrong. Anyway, I just received it today and there's actually a knob to tighten the spool tension which would be the way to fix the reeling up issue. I'm actually standing by the lake that I live next to fishing the boat slips as I'm writing this on my phone and I'm going to tell any skeptics out there that this is a fantastic jigging reel. I ordered it from grizzly jig and coupled it with a grizzly jig 12' bottom reel seat jiggin rod with rod holder adapter and I absolutely love this combination. The reel is very smooth and I honestly would even run this combination spider rigging because of the spool tension knob. These are both spectacular products from the king (mr. Crappie) and grizzly jig. I will soon be ordering more product from both places

Post Thanks / Like

Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a couple of them from Grizzly, anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly jig also has great fast service. I got my order in 2 days on standard shipping I was pleasantly surprised

Post Thanks / Like

Curious about one thing and was wondering if I could ask how you reel in a fish. Holding your rod in your left hand while fishing and reeling with your right
    hand or holding the rod in your right hand reeling with your left hand. With a spinning reel, I hold the rod with my right hand and reel with my left hand.
    If your holding a jiggin' rod and holding the rod in your right hand, do you reel the Solo like you would a spinning reel? Or, do you just lift the jiggin' rod up
    with your right hand to bring the slab out of the water? I've never used a jiggin' reel and thus the reason for my question.
    Thanks for any response from those speaking well of the Solo Jigging Reel.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredRR View Post
    Curious about one thing and was wondering if I could ask how you reel in a fish. Holding your rod in your left hand while fishing and reeling with your right
    hand or holding the rod in your right hand reeling with your left hand. With a spinning reel, I hold the rod with my right hand and reel with my left hand.
    If your holding a jiggin' rod and holding the rod in your right hand, do you reel the Solo like you would a spinning reel? Or, do you just lift the jiggin' rod up
    with your right hand to bring the slab out of the water? I've never used a jiggin' reel and thus the reason for my question.
    Thanks for any response from those speaking well of the Solo Jigging Reel.
    Don't know about this reel, but will be getting one. But have jig fished my whole life, and never touch the reel handle while a fish is hooked, unless I snag a striper or catfish. Most fish are just lifted to the boat.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Don't know about this reel, but will be getting one. But have jig fished my whole life, and never touch the reel handle while a fish is hooked, unless I snag a striper or catfish. Most fish are just lifted to the boat.
    +1!
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The package says it's either right or left handed but I like holding the rod with my left hand and reeling with me right hand and that's the way I put this reel on my rod. I haven't figured out how to reverse it because you can feel in or reverse to let line out and it makes a different action on the reeling in than reeling out. I'm actually in Bristol for the NASCAR race otherwise I would go and figure it out right away but I will look into it as soon as I get home and if someone hasn't answered that by the time I get home Sunday ill post again after I check it out again

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I figured, but felt compelled to ask. Thanks to both responders.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just turn the reel around and wind the line on the other way
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast