Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cypress bay

Post Thanks / Like

Default cypress bay

Planning a trip to KY lake ,cypress bay area for the spring ,most likely 2nd week in April ,anyone fish this area much ?Also need a good place to stay on the lake .

Thanks Jon

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb fshnjon ....

Quote Originally Posted by FSHNJON
    Planning a trip to KY lake ,cypress bay area for the spring ,most likely 2nd week in April ,anyone fish this area much ?Also need a good place to stay on the lake .

Thanks Jon
    Never fished that far south ... mostly fished between Grand Rivers & Kuttawa (Barkley Lake), starting around the 21st of April ... mostly found fish to already be in shoreline buckbrush and stumps, by then.

Try this site for checking out the area you plan on visiting: http://www.explorekentuckylake.com/maps/index.htm

And you also might want to read thru this "study" article (the "Activity Log & Preliminary Results - esp the Spring 2003 results ) : http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/navigat...7&NavPath=C101
    Read thru the weekly results and click on any map links ... esp for the time period you plan on being there.
    Don't worry about the fact that the study was done on Blood River, and not on the more southern Cypress Bay .... Blood River is only about 7-8mi north of Cypress Bay, so both should be pretty much on the same timeline, as far as spawning activity. And you can always trailor your boat to Blood River, easier/faster/safer than by water.

I'd tell you about the Barkley Lake areas, that I used to fish, but it's been over 20yrs since I've been there ... so, lots of things have probably changed, since back then :D ........... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default cypress

Fshnjon if you go south about 10 mi. to the sandy river you will like the fishing better.

Post Thanks / Like

If you wait until the second week of april you're gonna miss out on th best fish'n. Black crappie have taken over & they spawn earlier than the whites. Last week of march is better unless we have a long winter. I fish the North end.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks for the input guys ,i can use all the help i can get.

Jon