Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rough Day Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rough Day Fishing

Hit Stockton with high hopes and a Haggard tune to listen to......but alas the ole Beagle Curse came bit me in Gluteus Maximus , stopped at the first Brush Pile, dropped jig. red/chartruse slabbuster and pow fish on,,,sipping line off, Big Drum........nothing for the next 10 mi. already decided to run and gun brush piles all day if needed, picked up bouy and got ready to leave,,,,,,,,, Nothing, dead battery, well I left the depth finder on since sat. so no wonder, just enough juice to get me started one time, sure glad I was not far from the ramp.........got there and struggling to get in position to load the boat ...when this guy from the lot came up and said you want some help,, well I told him it screwed up and left the depth finder on and ran the battery down so I should have to suffer for my stupid mistake,,,, ok he watched me for 5 min and then said you sure,,,,,,,sweat running down the crac;;;;;;;;;;well I called up my biggest humble will you still offer to help, sure,,,,so he and I got the boat loaded and all is well Thank you Ted from carl junction, 49 year fire fighter and all around great guy, and only 73 years young...... man ain't fisher men great.............

Oh and on the way to the lake, this lady was walking down the county road, I gave her a ride to school, she said thanks a lot, what do I owe you..........nothing just pay it forward,,,,,,I owe her a thanks I believe she paid me back sending Ted to me............Life is good and my freezer is still empty

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get some for your freezer soon, Michael. We all go through dry spells, cold spells, and even Beagle Curses, but there will soon come a day when you'll hammer the fish instead of getting hammered with rotten luck. Glad there was a good Samaritan there to help out!

Post Thanks / Like

That's just plain old bad luck. Get em next time
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for bad luck i don't know what a man would do.We may have to get some dyno and team up on them critters!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rough day fishing? I worked!

Guess it seems better now?

Better luck next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle glad to hear you got to fish a bit and made a good story out of an unlucky battery issue. I did a similar thing the other day but found out before I got boat in water. Left the DC/AC converter on after the last outing a couple weeks ago. Super dead battery

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, Your not alone. 5 fish is all I got in the freezer. Hope'n fall get's better. Hang in there.