Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pflueger President 6900 series or Shimano Sedona FD?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pflueger President 6900 series or Shimano Sedona FD?

Learned the hard way (again) that you get what you pay for especially with UL reels. Spent $30 on a Shakespeare UL reel and 3 outings and maybe 100 fish later it is is completely shot-- line catches in roller bearing no matter the size, bail does not close positive, backlash/line twist, etc...

The Pflueger President and Shimano Sedona FD are in my price range and get rave reviews on BPS. Any thoughts from the experts?

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the Pflueger President but I have never tried a Shimano Sedona FD. For $30, Wally Marshall WMS 50 or WMS 100 are very nice reels.

Post Thanks / Like

I own and use 4 Sahara 500 FDs. (I have 4 rods rigged on my deck like a bass fisherman.)
    Highly reccomend them. Lighweight, very well built, great drag and extremely smooth.

I recommend stepping up to Sahara. You can find them on line for a good price if you're patient.
    Also prefer FD to FE even though FE is latest model. FD has better handle and misc. parts. (You can google FD vs FE)

Good fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the feedback guys! I will be doing some additional research and respond back with what I decide on.

Post Thanks / Like

Pfluger President of which I have a 1/2 dozen...Excellent reel..never a moments trouble..I have the 6920 and 6925 models great light weight reels...smooth, smooth, smooth.
    YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS...BUT YOU CAN BUY FISHING GEAR.....AND THAT'S KINDA THE SAME THING.....
    Unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRIA1576 View Post
    The Pflueger President and Shimano Sedona FD are in my price range and get rave reviews on BPS. Any thoughts from the experts?
    I would also consider the Daiwa Legalis.

For some reason, Daiwa often gets left out of these discussions, but I think they rival Shimano in technology and quality.

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished 10 of the Pflueger President 6920/6925's for the past two years. They are extremely smooth and I haven't had the first problem.

Post Thanks / Like

i've used shimano saharas and symetres for years, for all kinds of questions, and have had only a few problems. as db4d mentioned, daiwas are worth looking at. these may be my next reels.

Post Thanks / Like

Either of the reels you mentioned will make you happy. I prefer Shimano's, and have several sedona's and they are good reels.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger Presidents are awesome! I bought a 6725 a couple of years ago and absolutely love it. Have since bought 6920, 6935, 2 6730's. I like the 67 series better (i like the wood handle), but both are great. Super smooooooooooooth!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast