Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrova 80# ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova 80# ?????

I just got this its got I pilot spot lock connects to my hummingbird it has a foot pedal and a remote I had push pull cables before on other boats but not sure if this is right for me or I just need to use it more because so far I have been using it along the bank and it seems like I am always adjusting it to stay the same distance away from the bank and its weirded to wait for it to turn and then turn it back to adjust for wind and contour of the edge maybe I need to try and use some of the features on it anybody else have trouble getting use to it?
    [/SIZE][/I][/FONT]

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's just a matter of practice. I had used hand controls since they came out. Used cable steer a couple of times and could never get used to them. If you do a lot of casting I'm thinking foot pedal may be way to go. That said I wouldn't trade mine for anything.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That pause is the reason i stayed with MG motors. MK are great motors but they aren't condusive to my style of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you use the foot pedal turn on the Auto Pilot. This way as you point the motor in a direction, as the boat turns it will stay headed in that direction. You will not have to move the motor manually in the opposite direction like you do a cable steer. That little trick makes teh foot pedal much more usable in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

You will get used to it, and then you won't be able to figure out how you fished without it. It took me a long time to get adjusted to a digital TM, and thought at times about selling it, and going back to a cable style. But now, I'd be lost without it.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

i love mine.....no foot pedal,just the remote.......takes some time but you will love yours also.....