Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navionics iPhone app help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Navionics iPhone app help

So I just purchased the navionics iPhone app based on recommendations, but I'm not quite knowledgeable on how to use it. Is anyone proficient enough with it to steer me in the right direction? I don't know how to apply the depths and all of the info related to structure and whatnot. I did purchase the $3.99 upgrade as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dmancari18 View Post
    So I just purchased the navionics iPhone app based on recommendations, but I'm not quite knowledgeable on how to use it. Is anyone proficient enough with it to steer me in the right direction? I don't know how to apply the depths and all of the info related to structure and whatnot. I did purchase the $3.99 upgrade as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Pm me your questions and I will answer them the best I can.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dmancari18 View Post
    I sent you a pm
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have the app and I love it!
    Midsouth Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Cmj, why not keep this in an open forum? Love mine and I'm sure there are a few things I'm not aware of. Thanks.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

I would like those tips also. I can't get it to tell me creek names any thoughts?
    IT2(SW) 2005-2009

Post Thanks / Like

HIS QUESTION
    I don't know how to do the overlays that show depths and structure. Maybe it's possible that it's not available for my lake? But I'm not sure. I haven't panned out to see if those options are just not showing up on my lake or if it's due to the size of my lake. I also don't know what to set the depth contour, fishing range, shallow area and water levels at.
    MY RESPONSE
    Try re-starting your phone. If you are still not able to see detailed info and contours, then that info is not avalable for your lake. Search around your area for COE lakes and river systems, those should definitely be mapped. Unfortunately, lots of lakes just aren't available, even on the $100 lake map chips for depth finders. BUT, it is still useful for marking waypoints and recording tracks. If you like to spider rig and get on some good fish, record your track so you can come back and follow that same track next time. I don't use any overlays unless I am looking for specific shoreline features, such as rocky points or bluff walls. I keep the safety depth between 5-15ft depending on the lake I am fishing. The shallower the lake, the shallower I will set the safety depth. If you make any changes or set waypoints using the "Edit Map" feature, everyone will be able to see it. So mark waypoints by hitting the ? and pushing the favorites button.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody used this product on a droid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpdawg View Post
    Has anybody used this product on a droid?
    That's what I have now.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Jpdawg I have it for droid and love it when I'm fishing with friends that do not have GPS or for scouting at work.
    Balzout Mounts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast