PDA

View Full Version : Crappie world magizne

Bronzbackhunter
08-18-2013, 09:16 AM
I seen the add for the magizne,is it worth getting.

barrelslime
08-18-2013, 12:36 PM
The silence speaks volumns..........................

flycaster
08-18-2013, 02:14 PM
copy and paste Crappie World Magazine into the search function box in the upper right hand corner of the page, where it indicates "Google Custom Search".
You will find all articles in reference to your request.

Slab
08-18-2013, 03:45 PM
I seen the add for the magizne,is it worth getting.

Yes, it's a fine magazine. You'll even see articles in it that our very own members wrote. I know Shipahoy41 has had articles published there. And there are many other fine writers whose articles are published there. There is a link near the bottom of the home page where you can subscribe. I mention this here cause it's new, I just added it this week.

Bronzbackhunter
08-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Thank's i subscribed to the mag. Is crappie Angler magazine still in print, Googled it not found.

"G"
08-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Thank's i subscribed to the mag. Is crappie Angler magazine still in print, Googled it not found.

GrizzlyJig owns Crappie Angler just click here http://www.grizzlyjig.com/p-3-crappie-angler.aspx

Bronzbackhunter
08-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Thank's i just ordered the magizne. And while i was there i ordered the Driftmaster rod keepers.

shipahoy41
08-19-2013, 06:04 AM
Inside information....I know the next issue will have photos of Ed Moes, David Shands and Bob Hinkle in it. You might know them on here as "Slab" "G" and "Snake River." All have something nice to say about crappie.com too. Perhaps you can email brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com <brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com>; and let him know you are considering a subscription and ask him to mail you an old issue so you can judge for yourself.

chucktx
08-19-2013, 08:08 PM
good info ship....thanks!

bubbinator
08-20-2013, 01:25 AM
Last Issue I bought was the worst waste of money ever-piece of craq magazine! Stories were extra large printed to fill space, double printed to fill space-Never seen such crap before. Will never buy one again. Also be warned about subscribing- before when I did(before quality turned to crap) you will be flooded with Bass Mag ads and monthly subscribe today ads that promise crap they never award.

Bronzbackhunter
08-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Got a email conformation today, they said i will get my first mag 12-3-13. That a long time to wait.

CatFan
08-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Got a email conformation today, they said i will get my first mag 12-3-13. That a long time to wait.

They don't publish every month, and I'd bet winter through spring is the prime time for them with people dealing with cabin fever and getting ready to fish.

crappiejigger
08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
the mag has some good articles at times. but like what was said before they do a lot of shady stuff to make mag seem like it has more than there is. (excessive ads,excessive product reviews of products that don't involve crappie, larger text,pics,and lots of gaps in writing). I probably wouldn't suggest subscribing, but to pick one up at news stand when you find one would be the way to go. That way you can determine if its worth the $$ one thing also you should check out CRAPPIENOW FREE online magazine its definitely worth the time to read. and it comes out every month. Also did I say its free:crazy:

TexExp
08-21-2013, 01:38 PM
agree with previous posters - About 5-10% useful information

Hoping it gets better!
We need a good crappie magazine.

BarryG
08-23-2013, 07:43 AM
I haven't seen a copy since the new owners took it over! The old owners were all the bad you've heard, hopefully the new order is going to do right. I know he is on CDC so maybe good things coming. If they are trying to get it right I will get a subscription, I'll have to find a copy or two in the store and look before I leap. Good luck to them!

rapman1
08-23-2013, 08:32 AM
never again. every article is more like product endorsements. too many better publications out there. my personal opinion, of course.

free bird
10-30-2013, 10:21 AM
I bought the lifetime subscription. I did that because of the way brad talked on the posts on here. After about four months I called to find out what's up with no mags. They said they'd hit a snag but its better now. Few weeks later a gift package and a mag. That's been almost a year now and since then I received a cat fishing mag and the other day a bassin mag that's still on the floor of my truck. I wish I had my hundred bucks back.

Frank Cecil
10-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I forgot that I had ordered that magazine. Not received but one since the new owners. Thanks for the reminder.

shipahoy41
12-14-2013, 08:21 AM

Dec 14, 2013
I have not received mine yet either. I am praying things get better for Brad.

deathb4disco
12-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Dec 14, 2013
I have not received mine yet either.

... but there is an issue of Bassin' on the newsstands. I saw it yesterday.

chaunc
12-14-2013, 02:24 PM
You life members need to get together and go after your hundred dollars each of you paid to help get him started. Really doesn't seem like a good investment after that great sales pitch he put out there.

jaxsprat
12-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I heard new owner had lots of problems, even a fire, the one copy I did buy @newstand was good but as others said lots of advertising & repetition etc. I hope new owner can get it together and make it go, it may never be as good as CRAPPIE ANGLER BUT I will look at it at news stand and with competition both mags will get better.

jackie53
12-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Good folks some pretty good articles!! Came to our lake and fished with us good folks. They really fish not just write a magazine!! They were interested in doing an article on our baits(jack's crappie rigs) writing about baits that really work not something to take money out of fishermens pocket books!!! Good folks get my vote!!! and if Grizzly jig co backs them must be pretty good!!!They are all about crappie fishing and fishermen!!!

"G"
12-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Good folks some pretty good articles!! Came to our lake and fished with us good folks. They really fish not just write a magazine!! They were interested in doing an article on our baits(jack's crappie rigs) writing about baits that really work not something to take money out of fishermens pocket books!!! Good folks get my vote!!! and if Grizzly jig co backs them must be pretty good!!!They are all about crappie fishing and fishermen!!!

GrizzlyJig has Crappie Angler Magazine not Crappie World. Crappie Angler is a good one.

jackie53
12-14-2013, 04:44 PM
GrizzlyJig has Crappie Angler Magazine not Crappie World. Crappie Angler is a good one.

They have crappie world magazine in their news stand in their store!!!!

"G"
12-14-2013, 04:47 PM
I am telling you....Grizzly Jigs owns Crappie Angler Magazine. Brad Uhl owns Crappie World. I have not seen a Crappie World magazine in any news stand in about two years now.

jackie53
12-14-2013, 04:59 PM
I am telling you....Grizzly Jigs owns Crappie Angler Magazine. Brad Uhl owns Crappie World. I have not seen a Crappie World magazine in any news stand in about two years now.

Yes Sir!!!!

"G"
12-14-2013, 05:00 PM
They used to have Crappie World at the grocery store and also WalMart but they cant get them anymore.......something about a fire.

wilbur
12-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Don't waste your Money. Just a Scam

Bronzbackhunter
12-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Well it 's 12-14-13 & havent recived Crappie World yet,i guess Wilbur is right It's a scam. 20 dollars wasted.

mkeller
12-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I wish the owner that is a member of this site would post on this thread and set the facts straight. To much guessing and assuming, the owner has peoples money that was spent in good faith on something we all love. Its time to come clean and get some answers from the man that knows what is going on. If you aren't printing and supplying what people payed you to do, refund their money, everyone will be happy, otherwise it is flat out stealing. Their might be good intentions on his behalf, but even if the magazine is printed sometime down the road the damage has been done unless it is made right with the subscribers out the $100.

feeshrman
12-15-2013, 11:35 AM
I think you guys can write this one off. I bought a subscription years ago and never received anything. Same old story.

specktacklure
12-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Don't think I've seen a crappie world mag all year, got a bassinmag though :scratchhead

free bird
12-16-2013, 10:44 PM
I think you guys can write this one off. I bought a subscription years ago and never received anything. Same old story.
I'm thinking you're right. I get a little ticked when I think about it. I try not to think about it too much.