Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: truman 8-16

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman 8-16

well took some time off work to decompress and went to Truman.. launched at long shoal went to the weir... nothing.. drove up little tebo watched a guy catch a few and we talked he said it was slow, I caught one little one... went next to bluff, nothing.... went toward grand water was real nice and a lot cleaner... nothing.. went to G9 caught one.. now I am trying to learn this dippen trees stuff with a 10' rod and I must look like the three stooges all rolled in to one and I still don't have a fish yet.. so like beagle always says stop tie up eat some lunch,so I did.. put a minnow on a rod stuck it in a rod holder and sat down to eat...now I am trying to learn how to catch a fish on a minnow and I am no good at all doing it but sometime you just need a lesson... mine was to sit and watch a rod while I ate. always tried to set the hook to soon, well I just watched that rod load up and then I reached for it and wham there was a fish.. caught 4 while I ate.. so I say to myself how did that happen??? so I untie the boat and start lookin.. finished with 11 all on minnows all in 30' of water all on schools of shad. also lost what I think would have been my personal best she was huge and never got the hook set in her. got her to the boat and just couldn't get her in.. the water on the grand was great, muddy at the weir,tebo was also real good..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Was wondering how the weir was doing. Was there any water running through the dam ? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Well redranger you just reminded me of why did not catch any fish thursday,,,,,,,,,No lunch in my boat,,,,,,,

congrats on your day and for staying after it, patience will pay off.

Post Thanks / Like

if they were it wasn't much.. no pull in my jig towards the dam