Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table rock advice needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table rock advice needed

We're heading down to table rock/ tannecomo for a long weekend next week. The resort is within a couple miles of boat ramps on both lakes so we were planning on fishing both. We would be fishing out of the state park marina at table rock. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is tough down there this time of year. My advise fish deep!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cookieman View Post
    Fishing is tough down there this time of year. My advise fish deep!
    Hows the early bass top water bite? We were kind of thinking about table rock early for the top water bite then tannecomo for some trout fishing later I. The day when they start running water. According to the people at the resort, we can be on both of the lakes within 10 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

from what I heard top water real early. You could try around Moonshine Bay I have seen guides using topwater coming out of the State park put in. I have done good using a spook on the medium size,buzbait not too big and a xrap. If you float Tanny I like driftink worms or throwing a repela countdown minnow, brown trot pattern 2inch. Good fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

sorry about the spelling

Post Thanks / Like

fished the kings river arm saturday and got skunked (no crappie) i talked to one of my buddies who guides out of branson and for the last week they've been taking clients to taneycoma. if you go below bull creek towards rockaway beach you might be able to get into a nice smallie or two. i like to flip the docks this time of year with finesse baits. as far as the rock goes i've heard on another site that they're catching a few bass on spinner baits in the brush but its been hit or miss. seems like the early morning top water bite had tailed off. the corp has really been pulling the water off fast. if i hear anything promising towards the middle of the week i'll pm you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I haven't caught a smallmouth in a long time, but weeny worms on a drop shot rig 25' deep is not my style of fishing. Spinnerbaits in the brush sounds like fun though. Pitching docks would be fun too. We will be heading down Thursday morning.