Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayak, Limestone Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak, Limestone Bay

I plan to go over to Limestone Bay in the morning and pick up a half limit for dinner tomorrow night. I thought I do a shout out and see who else will be in the water!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Limestone Bay today. I started with high hopes but had a slow and frustrating day. I started in deep water lay downs in the creek on the south side of the bay. I managed a few but never could get on a pattern. The few that I did catch were 8 to 10 feet deep. I then tried dragging jigs in some of the stump fields,but didn’t catch any Crappie after an hour so I moved to the shallow sloughs on the south east end of Limestone Bay. After dragging jigs and single poling every lay down in sight I was ready to give up. Finally in a little pocket of 18 inch deep water I found some Crappie feeding on shad. I kept half alimit for dinner and tossed back several dozen. I was a long hard day before a fast and furious 30 minutes, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

pictures!

Name:  130817.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  55.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Well done. Way to keep after them, until you found the honey hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob D, it may have been more blind luck than anything else. No matter how long I chase Crappie, I still get schooled by them some days. That may be the reason why I enjoy fishing for them so much, I still haven't gotten them figured out!