Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for all

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for all

Hi everyone!
    I haven't been on for awhile because I broke my wrist and couldn't type! I have a question from someone in the New Orleans area that I thought someone here might be able to help.

Why is it that crappie don't start bitting in our area (New Orleans) until around mid-November until March or April? In order to catch sac au lait in summer, I have to travel out of my area. If you can shed any light to my question?

Jeannie
    www.crappiestuff.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default they are

they are biting most likely, but not in the area you are fishing. chances are you are fishing a relatively smaller shallower area. what you probably need to do is fish more main lake structure during the winter and summer. you can really find the fish stacked up over cover that time of year. get yourself a good topo map and look for some deep flats that hold structure and some main lake ledges and dropoffs. it will take some time and it's probably a whole lot different than your spring and late fall fishing, but it will be worth it if you figure out how to do it. also you may find it better to hire yourself a guide for that time of year to teach you how to fish your lake.