Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ed

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ed

Your new chat room sucks. I can't read it.

By the way, I did get my Crappie.Com Charter Member Patch. Thanks.

Your pal,

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, what a nice, to the point, PM. Albiet, I visited the old one here and there. I have stopped by the new one, maybe 3 times.
    Tom, we both know that Ed was trying to help us by installing a chat that some momo couldn't come in under someone elses name. Perhaps someone can come up with a better format, and pm Ed with the IP so that he can check it out. My 4 cents worth. Those old schoolers of the chat, might consider using Yahoo messenger with voice and chat up a storm. One could join the C.C chat, and whoever is hosting can invite whoever they want to join in.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation CP/Reaper .......

Ed is currently looking for a better "chat" program ... one in which you can see who's online, only registered users can use, your user name automatically comes on/attached to your message, etc. "Chatbox" & "Shoutbox" are just temporary fixes, until the right program can be found and put in place.

Ed is also looking into finding a program that will allow new users (real, live people) to join .... but, keep the "spam bots" (spamming programs) from being able to register. He's already tried one program - and it kept the "bots" out ... problem was, it also kept any new members from joining. It has been turned off, but that has allowed the "bots" to return. It's up to the Moderators to delete these "spam" posts, and PM Ed to "Ban" the User ID's. That's the "short term" fix. The "long term" fix may require added software & hardware. This is also being looked into.

Ed wants this site to be the best it can be, the safest and cleanest site it can be, and have the best options available ... and he is working on getting it set up to satisfy the wants/needs of the ever growing membership. Bare with him, as he continues to make/keep this site the best it can be .... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I never use the chat room anyway. I like reading, replying, and starting posts. I also like posting pictures since we got our first digital camera. Besides my typing skills are challenged to say the least!
    CATCH A BIG-UN