PDA

View Full Version : fishing apps.for i phone

jim8861
08-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Guy's have you tried any apps for fishing that you like.would like to get one to log my trips and save some way point's when I go in other boats.

Cmj
08-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Navionics. Best $9.99 I ever spent.

Slab
08-14-2013, 05:23 PM
I had a crappie.com fishing game made last year for smart phones. It was very simple. Tap on crappie as they swim by, but don't tap on the catfish. It worked in a trial mode, but I never took it to the "market place". There were some minor issues with it I did not pursue getting resolved. I might get back to it some day. We'll see. Any Ap developers here on Crappie.com?

jimp
08-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I use "My Fishing Advisor" and "iSolunar". Both are available for droid or iphone. The iSolunar has a gps function, tracks the lunar tables, predicts the best and not so good times as well. Good for hunters too so they say. Can mark different spots on the gps map, pretty accurate imo as well.

T.C.
08-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Navionics, fishing knots, accuweather,

shipahoy41
08-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I had a crappie.com fishing game made last year for smart phones. It was very simple. Tap on crappie as they swim by, but don't tap on the catfish. It worked in a trial mode, but I never took it to the "market place". There were some minor issues with it I did not pursue getting resolved. I might get back to it some day. We'll see. Any Ap developers here on Crappie.com?

Sounds like a great idea. Go for it.

Tracker123
08-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Navionics x3, also the weather channel. And since I fish by myself most of the time, I have the Followme app as well.

chadchester1
08-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Navionics, My Tracks, My maps, living in the sun, compass, Time to hunt, and the weather channel

drifterdon
08-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I use Navionics, My Fishing Advisor, and I especially like Tide Graph

Dmancari18
08-17-2013, 09:21 PM
What is it about navionics that you guys love? I've had it pulled up a couple times, but never pulled the trigger.

Cmj
08-17-2013, 10:33 PM
I like it because I can sit on my couch and scout new lakes and drop pins on areas that I want to try based on structure that it shows, ie. creek channels, drops, shallow flats, flooded timber, etc. Then while on the lake, I can use it to find those areas and search for brush with my cheapo depth finder and mark way points on the app. I can also use it to follow break lines and channel drops without having to paying for high-dollar electronics.

chadchester1
08-18-2013, 09:37 AM
What is it about navionics that you guys love? I've had it pulled up a couple times, but never pulled the trigger.

Dmancari18, you can test the app out without having to buy it. All you have to do is go to the Navionics web site, go to products and then look for Web App. If you have Internet access this app is free. But if you plan on using it on the water it's better to down load the app for you phone or iPad.

Dmancari18
08-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Is it something that's still worth having if the boat equipment won't work with the data? I have an iPhone.

Cmj
08-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Is it something that's still worth having if the boat equipment won't work with the data? I have an iPhone.

See my previous post

rnvinc
08-18-2013, 12:40 PM

The app will even pinpoint your location and show your direction of travel...(and it keeps up very well)...

It also has a route feature that can pinpoint present location and then pinpoint where you want to go and it will tell you how far it is to the 2nd point...

FWIW...I was going to 1 of my favorite fishing bays this spring when I came upon "road closed" signs that would not allow me access...

I pulled up my Navionics app and searched and found another bay nearby with the same wind protection and saved the fishing day...

Rickie

Dmancari18
08-18-2013, 12:56 PM
It may just be because I'm not sure how to use it completely yet, but it looks like there's no data on my home Lakes here in Chester County, PA. I can't see depths or any of that stuff.

Micropterus salmoides
08-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Fish Head. To monitor tides and river stages.

Wood_Duck
08-19-2013, 09:02 AM
If you're running the navionics app on the lake will it use your data? I only have 2g a month with verizon and am always afraid of getting overages.

MrPaulAR
08-19-2013, 11:51 AM
If you're running the navionics app on the lake will it use your data? I only have 2g a month with verizon and am always afraid of getting overages.

Using any map application will not use much data as most of the images will be cached. I took a 5hr road trip and used Google maps and spotify (streaming music) the whole time. Maps used 50mb while the music used 700mb. I know this because android phones show the usage per app.

arkansasbowhunter
02-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Tracker what is name of app follow me

CatFan
02-04-2014, 06:22 AM
I like Dark Skies for a weather app. It mostly does one basic thing: It warns you if it's going to rain/snow/sleet soon. It tracks your location and compares it to the radar and gives you alerts like "Light Rain in 5 minutes" or "Heavy Rain in 30 minutes" or even "Snow in 15 minutes". It's kind of like having somebody watching the radar and texting you when rain is headed your way. It's a pay app, and I got it on a friend's recommendation. Didn't like it at first, but after a few warnings when I didn't know it was getting ready to rain, I grew to like it. It gives you time to put your tools away or get your rain gear on.

Tracker123
02-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Tracker what is name of app follow me

Here you go:

http://www.followmee.com/

IkenI
02-04-2014, 10:24 AM
I have seen the Navionics web app on my computer and it looks good. I'm sorta new to mobile apps. How easy is it to see and use on the small screen of a phone?

Drtodd10
02-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Ok Kentucky lake guys from Big Sandy down to Pickwick Lake how is the navionics reception wise? I don't want to spend $10 for a service that only works half the time.

CatFan
02-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Ok Kentucky lake guys from Big Sandy down to Pickwick Lake how is the navionics reception wise? I don't want to spend $10 for a service that only works half the time.

Reception doesn't affect the Navionics once you have the lake downloaded. If you are trying to display terrain around the lake, you need data, but that is a function of your carrier.

DaveBuckeye01
02-04-2014, 07:48 PM
I was actually just about to make a thread about using the iphone on the lake. Navionics looks like a pretty cool app. I am new to reading and understanding navigation maps.

I understand all the numbers to be depths, but what are some other tips to reading and maximizing the utility of the map? Thanks for the help

Tracker123
02-04-2014, 08:37 PM
You can set a shallow water alarm, post a track as a "bread crumb" trail in case you get lost in unknown areas, mark a spot as a coordinate, etc.

sky hawk
02-05-2014, 08:40 AM
I downloaded Navionics for the iPhone last week and have been messing around with it in the house. How good is the resolution, using an iPhone? If you mark a spot, how accurate is it, and can you find that exact spot again easily?.

kingkrappie
02-05-2014, 12:13 PM
I love the Navionics app, never used it on the water because my depth finders have chips, but the night or days before a trip I use it a lot to plan where I'm going to fish, especially on new waters.

duky
02-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Navionics. Best $9.99 I ever spent.

What he said!

arkcrappie
02-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I downloaded Navionics for the iPhone last week and have been messing around with it in the house. How good is the resolution, using an iPhone? If you mark a spot, how accurate is it, and can you find that exact spot again easily?.

If you drop a brush top and pin it, you will find it again. You need to practice using visible objects to learn how to drop the pin, but a little practice goes a long way.

I got the app last year. It was good enough you could follow the creeks on the lake I was on in the heaviest of fog. I'm sold on it and it is the best $10 I have spent.

The down side, it does not have every lake on it, but if you are fishing any of the lakes that are loaded on it, it is well worth the money. I am not an electronic wizard. I still have not figured out how to read other folks SI pics. I just bought a DI unit but still have my old Eagle Ultra II an I still love that old unit.

That should tell you how easy the app is to use.