Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to do with rods/reels I've accumulated

Post Thanks / Like

Default what to do with rods/reels I've accumulated

Anybody have any ideas as to what to do with all those rods and reels I have bought over the past few years? The rods are good and the reels work so no junk...just a lot of non-graphite rods and zebco type reels.

Any organizations you might have used...they are just taking up space in the garage.

But most importantly they are drawing the wife's attention as the collection grows. Oddly, all she sees is money wasted. So before she turns her attention to my other stash of my really expensive fishing stuff.....

I did, however, convince her the other trolling motor is really there for "spare parts"....!

Thanks

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not donate them to a 4H group or possibly a youth camp. I know those kinds of groups are always begging for outdoor gear because many of the kids they mentor have none.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe the boy scout and girl scout troops in your area.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There used to be a guy on here from La or Alabama. Was a youth pastor or Pastor that had some kid fishing camps going. Maybe he will see this or someone who knows him will chime in.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

He was in LA and went off to do Gods work on the road, as best I remember. Many organizations could put them to use.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

most all states have youth organizations designed for fishing....contact your local vets, lions, ect. if they dont have one i am sure they can aim you in the correct direction.........

Post Thanks / Like

One of my fishing clubs collected used but not abused fishing rods/reels and donated them to the local high school fishing team that was just starting up a couple years back. Man those fishing teams in high school have caught on like wild fire up here in the past 3 years almost every high school now has a fishing team and yes fishing is now a credited sport just like football, soccer, etc
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If no one wants them put em up for sale in the "Personal Sales" Section.

Post Thanks / Like

Not long ago I saw a post on here from a person from the military asking for mags to read of a fishing nature. I read where several were sending some. At the time I thought it would be nice to be able to send them some rods and reels just so that when they did have some free time they could pratice their casting. Of course they would also need some pratice plugs. What better way to show our military that we are thinking of them. I know some one is going to ask,"Well what are they going to fish for in the desert.", Sand Sharks" Dah. But seriously these guy would love to be able to do this.

FISH ON

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't find a home for them. Yard sales are a great way to move fishing tackle and could help finnace your next upgrade.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast