Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Stir Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Stir Fry

Crappie Stir Fry

6-8 Crappie Fillets (cut into bite sized nuggets)
    Bell Pepper
    Onion
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    Carrots
    Mushrooms
    Celery
    Water Chestnuts
    1/2 cup Stir Fry Sause
    2 Tsp Soy Sause
    Tsp Olive Oil
    tsp of red pepper flakes
    tsp kosher salt
    tsp sesame seed oil

The secret to stir frying is to cook real hot and fast. So, in a hot skillet or wok add the stir fry sauce, sesame seed oil, half of the soy sauce, half the salt and half the red pepper flakes. Add approximately 1/2 to 1 cup each of the above vegetables cut, shredded or chopped to your desired size. I like to shred the carrots and chop everything else to an appropriate bite size. Stir fry until medium tender. Don't over cook. A little crunch is okay. Pour out of skillet or wok into a serving bowl.

With about a tablespoon of olive oil in a hot skillet, add crappie fillet nuggets, half the red pepper flakes, half the salt and half the soy sauce. Gently, stir or flip doing your best not to break the nuggets as they begin to flake until fully cooked. Pour out of skillet and serve on top of or complementary to the stir fried vegetables. Rice is an appropriate side dish.

Here's the link to my recipes page on my website: http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/recipes.htm Some of your favorites may have made it onto my page. I didn't put names with the recipes before but now realize I should. Please let me know by email or PM your real name (not crappie.com handle and your location) if you originally posted it so I can add it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 10-01-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Darryl you know if we had all our veggies ready in zip locks and got a big wok I could cook this easy on the boat some night. Dont know how it would work having veggies on the boat though.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, sounds like a plan.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]