Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table rock report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table rock report

Trolled James River area north of Cape Fair marina using Bandits and Rapala Shadraps 17'-20' deep on the flat breaks. Most fish were caught at about 12' deep caught a few bass on the shallower baits 1 spot was 16". Caught 6 crappi 12-11" and only 1 through back Water temp was 67 at marina and 64.5 at flat creek. I fished from noon to 5:00.

Post Thanks / Like

Trolled Piney Bay on the outskirts of the trees with jigs set 25ft all the way up to 5 ft. Only caught Spotted Bass. Still trying to find them south of Cape Fair. Going to go north of 76 bridge this weekend with my Uncle.

Barn Dog, what colors were you using with the bandits. I want to make sure I have a couple on hand. We're you pulling or pushing the crank baits?

G.
    Last edited by Kit Papermouth; 10-02-2006 at 12:11 PM.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Kit its my turn to think i sound stupid. How do you push a crank bait?I have thought this through before asking and i'll be damned if i can come up with it.LOLSo will ya please enlighten my pea sized brain.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried it but here is what i know long poles 12'+ break off the tip so they will be stiffer use a three way swivel with 3-4 oz sinker on bottom tie your crank off the top eye with a short leader,use rod holders in front and push the cranks.That is one of the most aggresive forms of crappie fishin there is they use it when the wind is bad,the big sinker is to keep your line vertical.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Kit I was using a bandit 300 splatter back, Black back white sides yellow on belly the shad raps were #5 fire tiger and a blach and silver #4 rattlin suspending shad rap. Going again today with son-inlaw. I pull cranks on boards and also use snap weights to get lures down to the depth I see fish at. I long line a bandit about 100' in back of boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Kit where do you launch I use the cape fair marina. Let me Know when you are going and I'll try to meet you. I have a grey alumacraft with FISH EM ALL on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hogster, Pictures are worth a thousand words. So I created a .jpg showing what I do. Bugman is correct on the trolling. I don't have the clock weights to cut my poles shorter so I typically use 2 oz. or less.
    It's not actually pushing, but it vertical speed trolling. This allows you to maneuver the boat in tighter circles than dragging the bait 100' behind the boat. Sometimes the ones hanging out the back out perform the rods in front. I like the ones in front because I run them under the cone so I can see the exact depth on the depth finder. You can actually see the fish come up to the bait and hit it. Sometimes you see them come up and drop back to the bottom after looking at the bait. It's pretty cool. As good as top water fishing when the bite is on.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog
    Kit where do you launch I use the cape fair marina. Let me Know when you are going and I'll try to meet you. I have a grey alumacraft with FISH EM ALL on it.
    I usually launch at bridge port just left of the bridge on the south east side as your headed towards cape fair.

PM me your phone number. I'll give you a jingle before I leave. Probably be out on the water 7:30 on Saturday. I have an Orange Procraft Fish and ski with 115 Yamaha on the back.

Planer board huh? Musta been walleye fishin' a bunch in WI. We need to take about the Walleye at Bull Shoals. You will likey.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kit that explained it very well between Bugs and your pics i understand it.Guess its just something else i gotta learn about crappie fishin.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice illustrations kit thats the first time i've heard of running two you sure dont want to hang that rig that would get in your pocket quick.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast