Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network or Direct TV

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dish Network or Direct TV

Getting ready to leave cable. Would like opinions on these from cost to service to channel selection. I could give a crap less about football. Just fishing and NASCAR and Duck Dynasty. Who has the most outdoor channels worth a crap? Any shows featuring crappie on a regular basis? Thanks for any info and input.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

dish has more outdoor channels...also carries nascar and duck dynasty.....plus a lot of history. you can also get internet service. i like my dish net.

Post Thanks / Like

Have tried both Dish Network and Direct TV...........am with Direct TV and like it best.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

You need to be aware that if you chose dish that some of the channels you may want to watch or not included in the basic package. We once went from DIRECT to dish because of a package involving the internet and soon wished we had not made the change. We actually lost a lot of the channels we had been watching. Then had an equipment problem and fought with dish for months that is was there equipment and not something that we had done. Plust they wanted us to pay for them to come out and check the problem. Finally my brother talked them into waving the fee. As soon as the guy got out of his van and climbedup he climbed back down an got a new head for the system. Turned out the seal had released on the cone and it was full of water. Just like Ihad been telling those idiots. It was their equipment. I would NEVER NEVER have dish again. Trust a fellow crappie fisherman when I tell you DIRECT is the only way to go. You might say its like the difference between a catfish and a crapppie.

FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

a list of the worst companies in America , published last week ,dunned all cable companies,most banks and dish network.
    Iv'e been with with direct tv for over 10 years and they treat me okay. Wish you could buy only what you like rather than pay to see info mercials,c span and the home shopping club. Recent survey found a great many people dis satisfied and some dropping out altogether in favor of free over the air tv plus what your able to get thru your computer.
    With the new technology and hdtv, things are not like the 50's when you neede aantenna larger than the roof that held it.
    Sewell company sells a small roof mounte antenna with built in wireless remote contol,125 mile range for only $14 A direct line covverter for your computer to your tv can be had for about $25. Check out Sewell.com. Some really inovated toys.
    Last edited by pescatore; 08-10-2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have had both,and I switched from Direct TV to Dish 15 years ago, I buy there insurance, small fee, and only used it 3or 4 times, got the Hopper and LOve it, both my kids have dish and hopper and love it I tell everyone to get dish.

but I also like catfish

Post Thanks / Like

I have dish and it ok to me ,but neither has much crappie on it ,too much bass ,hey CF I will get Don to help me make you a crappie film ,we will call it old age crappie, of coarse you will have to speed up your TV to keep it from looking like its on slow mode,LOL. Direct is better for camping because it shoot higher over trees to get better interception
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither is a bargain for us. We have ALL national news channels blocked. Can't stand the lying from both sides. We watch the History Channel, The Hallmark Channel, TV Land, Discovery & Les Feldick(ION) each morning, but zero movies, or any of the advertised stuff they send us via email. It is all "add on dollars".

I wish we could choose a few channels for a little less price.

We have Direct TV and pay 73.00 monthly for very little.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I guess a lot is based on what you expect from the company and who you get a hold of when you call with a problem. Whatever you decide I would look up the program packages and cost of both before deciding. It wouldn't hurt to ask people in your area what kind of service they have gottten form the compaines and about problems they have had if any.

FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

I have had both. DirecTv hands down.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast