Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman today

Last edited by mduncan62; 01-24-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    Ended up with 9. Funny story about the best one that I caught. It was in 5ft of water, maybe 6" off the bottom. I was pretty excited, and felt like it was a pretty good fish. Ed was fishing somewhere else with his son, talked to him on the cell and told him about it. About a half hour later he comes ripping into the cove in classic Ed fashion, 50MPH because he believes his boat is bullet proof. So I make my way over there and pull the fish out, and he looks at it and tries to give me his EZ checker and says it'll fit in there. I believe he said it was 12" maybe 13". So then I'm thinking I got all excited for nothing and was a little disappointed. Make the drive home and get ready to clean the fish, so I thought I'd measure it anyway just to check. Well Mr. funnyman Ed, it was 15". I got a pic on the digital, but will have to take it to work Monday as I don't have a cord here. I had a 14" and 13" also. I cleaned him for lunch Sunday, I'm holding out now for a 16+ to mount. Guess I have to throw away the other fish I was saving in the freezer to get mounted.

I realize that 15 is no monster, but I was pretty proud of my catch anyway. I'm learning more about Ed every time out. I'm pretty sure he thinks of himself as some sort of prankster, or comedian. You got me Ed, nice one.

So I can only assume that a couple weeks ago when I was trying to fish, standing on the edge of the boat and you stepped on the trolling motor with it on 50% and I almost fell in, that you were actually trying to have a laugh on me. I see how you are buddy.
    Nice catch Duncan as you may recall just before we started fishing that tree row I said it would be between 14" and 15".You where taking the hasseling good though and I did not mean to discredit your catch.
    Did you weight him I would have guessed 1.7 or 1.8 ish.
    This day and age you have to have some comedic thoughts or you will go nuts.
    I was not trying to throw you out of the boat that was just a product of the wind that day. However if it was mid summer and I knew your pockets empty thats different.

Again good catch Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the bigun dunc...keep your eye on ed he's a sneaky feller
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

By the way Ed, when I was trolling back to the ramp, I hit a stump right in that area you came whipping through. Just FYI, don't want you to tear anything up.
    I hit it all the time too didn't you see my boat jog on entry??
    And still no picture? Just put down your cigar and download it to your computer.
    Oh ya remind me next time and I will dump all my gps to yours.
    Last edited by gonefishingee; 10-02-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gooduns!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish Mike.I guess i need to get my butt back down there.I'm jealous. Maybe this weekend i can get away and do somefishin instead of workin on the house.Been remodeling the bathroom.Agian nice catch Mike:D

Post Thanks / Like

Mike i believe the lake is off of AA Hyw. just north of 50 Hyw. And the last i heard it was overpopulated and stunted.But that has been some time ago.Might be worth a try you never know.I think its electric motor only but could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

All right Ed, here you go. Not the greatest pictures but they'll have to do. My daughter volunteered to hold the fish for the pic. Thought maybe better to crop her identity out, in this day and age you know. These babies had some shad in them too.

Attachment 6723

Attachment 6725
    Like I said 14"
    You have to measure them with the mouth closed.:D :D
    Nice catch Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, what end of the lake you fishin?

Post Thanks / Like

upper grand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast