Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Confederate Flag Will fly Again In Richmond

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Confederate Flag Will fly Again In Richmond

The Richmond Times Dispatch reports:

A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, can't wait to hear results of this! to Richmond, ya'll!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Let HER FLY.
    You Just Can't Fix Stupid !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's part of America,s heritage and should be seen,American died for what they believe in also,something were wrong and something were right,but if I had live in that time frame no dought where I live would have guided much of my thinking
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately we live in a world of offended people... No matter which angle you take... The only thing people don't realize is words and flags only have as much power as you allow them to. There is a lot of people that associate that flag with racism... I am in no way racist and feel it is neither their debt to collect nor ours to pay. In this country in this day in age we are all on a level playing ground. Further more racism is an accusation that you cannot defend yourself from. Once you've been labeled, the media will jump in a dogpile on your back, whether the truth or not. A racist mindset without violence is not illegal, slander and defamation of character is... I hope one day people can thicken their skins and move past all this...

If the flag means something to you fly it high and proud, if your offended by what you Think it means keep on driving... All goes back to the ol radio saying, if your offended turn the dial!

Comedians deal with this stuff all the time, the croud will laugh and hoot and holler at every joke on other ethnicities or diverse culture but soon as the joke hits too close to home, that's not funny... I'm offended. Well just smile and let the show go on.

I guess i feel differently because i never lived through those times, im 25 and was raised to judge people by their charactor, by their morals, by thier ability to look you in the eye and give a firm handshake.... when i was in school i knew a few blacks that i would give the shirt of my back to, share a smoke with, give rides to school. but i knew plenty of whites that i wouldnt trust to borrow a pencil.. Okay I'm stepping down off my soap box.
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Let her fly and let them be offended.

Im offended every time I look out the window, but you don't see me cryin a river over how I was wronged.