Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weedless Tube Skirt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weedless Tube Skirt

Hey guys, I am looking for a certain tube skirt that has a long thin soft plastic stem near the front that sticks out and is sloped backwards into which the hook point is inserted to make it weedless. I saw some of these some time ago and I now wish I had bought a sackful. It is a great weedless concept. It wont last very long as Im sure it is fragile and will be torn up after a few fish but I like the weedless design much better than the weedguard being on the lead head jig itself. They may not even make these anymore but I need some for the T box if I can find them. Thanks, Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Bass pro has them
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

stick guards work well to, they are at BPS also.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Those look good to me also. I make my own brush guards and they work pretty well too. I don't lose as many jigs but I do find that with my brush guards that I loose a lot of bites and miss a lot of hook sets on the crappie.

I tried the Oldham weedless crappie jigs that Larry-Southern IN gave to me and CP talks about all the time. I liked them better than my home made jig weed guards. They are good and protect the hook from snags but the hook the fish most of the times too.

If you can't find any of what you are looking for you could snip off a few of the tails on the bait that you have and then superglue the one end to the body of the jigs. Then hook the other end of that piece of plastic into the point of the hook on your jigs. That might work in a pinch. It all depends of if the glue would attach the plastic to the plastic. It should work.
    Lots of guys talk about super glueign the plastic jig bodies to the lead head jig to make it stay on better.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found Them, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Speck
    Hey guys, I am looking for a certain tube skirt that has a long thin soft plastic stem near the front that sticks out and is sloped backwards into which the hook point is inserted to make it weedless. I saw some of these some time ago and I now wish I had bought a sackful. It is a great weedless concept. It wont last very long as Im sure it is fragile and will be torn up after a few fish but I like the weedless design much better than the weedguard being on the lead head jig itself. They may not even make these anymore but I need some for the T box if I can find them. Thanks, Speck
    Thanks, I found them at B Pro Shop and placed an order. I figure to use them in the bushes when the fish are shallow and not readily taking cast and retrieve jigs. There are times when a tube jig fished under a float around the brush will absolutely load the boat and in windy spring high water conditions and also in moving current they are equally effective. That way I don't have to worry so much about hanging up. Its amazing to me how many more fish you can take from just one good bush when you don't hang up and spook them out. I fish the Slider alot around brush and it is killer when moving but under a float the Slider just doesn't have enough action where the stationary tube skirt will clean up. Thanks again and good fishing to all. Speck