Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a Shame :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a Shame :-(

I am a old school kind of fisherman. I don't have a boat or a tackle box full of all the latest lures or baits. when I go fishing I take my chair cooler and rod holders, Bait up, throw it out and sit and wait for a fish to bite. :-)As I am sitting there I have me a cold one and watch the other fisherman, in there big expensive boats rigged out to the hilt with every new gadget you can think of, running all over, Catching some fish, Throwing them back and running off to another area and doing it al over again. And I ask myself, Why do people want to take all the relaxation out of fishing? with all the gear these people have it's like shooting fish in a barrel. But Hay What ever floats your boat, as the old saying goes. PLEASE NO HATERS just my way of seeing things. Have a great day :-)

Post Thanks / Like

"Hay What ever floats your boat, as the old saying goes"
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No other Sport bring's people together like fishing!!! Jesus took fish and bread fed thousands!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people like catching fish, just as much as sitting there fishing.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

There are all kinds. Some fishermen are competitive, others are not. I happen to be the latter. To each their own. But I do have to say, just because someone has a lot of gear and electronics does not mean they can catch fish. That's why we are all here, to share and learn from each other. And to enjoy each others company, online, at Crappie Camps and on the water.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Hey GPaw , its not like shooting fish in a barrel , some days you can't find the barrel LOL RR

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE . LOL .

Post Thanks / Like

I guess my problem is( But I don't see it as a problem) is there is Not a competitive side to me. I just keep things simple. Never was into sports, Think it is a waste of time and money, With the price of tickets now days. Fishing is my way to unwind. But we all have our own way to unwind. I guess it would be a pretty Boring world if every body was like me lol Have a great day Y'all

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is a perfect way to unwind, that's what I do. Most often I never post what I catch. Only because a catch what I am happy with for the day then go home. Nothing wrong with that at all G Paw, nothing at all. Some folks get into posting their fish they catch multiple times a week, or filling a cooler or tailgate picture up with 30+ fish, and others post how they are net working their fish finders. Like Slab said, to each their own. I like simple things as well and am with you. On the other hand, college football.....
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own, I've been on both sides of your analogy. I just enjoy fishing and being outdoors and on the water. I do know you can't judge a book by its cover, some of the best fishermen I've ever known spent very little money on the pursuit of their sport. On the other hand, you can take a seasoned fisherman and give him the latest gear and the knowledge to use it and he becomes a fish catching machine. It's all about doing what brings you enjoyment. We should learn to respect each other and not put blinders on, you never know what you might learn.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast