Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTL - Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default MTL - Weekend

Finally at a good stopping point on our work at the cabin and couldn't take it anymore, especially with the awesome weather on Saturday so we wrapped up, loaded up and splashed in for an evening cranking session. Pulled crankbaits for a few hours up in the arms and put 7 quality fish in the boat. The bite got better as the sun dropped, which is to be expected.......I'd say they aren't completely on that bluff pattern yet, but they are getting close. Doesn't get much better from a weather perspective, man it was just beautiful.

Name:  Evening.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  44.9 KB

Sunday morning, up early and on the water by 5:30, again, just incredible weather for August. Pulled a few cranks, nothing, dipped a few trees, nothing so we ran up and put the rigs out, which turned into a great decision. Spider rigged flats in 8-10 ft. of water and it was ON! Picked up (and turned back) a few tournament fish as well as put 23 in the boat to match the 7 that were on ice from the night before for a couple limits to clean. Not a ton of throwbacks, but a few. I would not have been afraid to weigh in our 7 best today, that's for sure. Off the water by noon, just as the "lice" were showing up.

Name:  Feesh.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  51.6 KBName:  Feesh 2.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  46.8 KB

The crappie are still winning this year overall, but sure was nice to get even, if only for a day!

U

Post Thanks / Like

And even you got, nice report, sounds like a great couple days on the water, congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish U!
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Who talked you into changing into a nice clean shirt? Great report and lots of fun hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like

great report, Robbie. sounds like fun to me, keep up with the getting even! looks like I'll be headed up that way over labor day weekend... might have to have a coldie or 2 and then help ya settle the score some more. I'll be in the state park again I'm thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report! We hope to get a few of those with the kids this weekend. Can't beat this weather for a weekend trip right before school starts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    great report, Robbie. sounds like fun to me, keep up with the getting even! looks like I'll be headed up that way over labor day weekend... might have to have a coldie or 2 and then help ya settle the score some more. I'll be in the state park again I'm thinking.
    Hope to be around Greg...... not sure what Labor Day has in store for us, but we should be breaking ground on the addition to the cabin around that time, so hopefully I'm around for a beverage. I'll let you and everyone else know and maybe we can get together.

RLM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    Who talked you into changing into a nice clean shirt? Great report and lots of fun hearing from you.
    Sure am glad that cameras can't pick up fumes, cause I stank!

U

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast