Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Saturday 8-3-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Saturday 8-3-13

Wife, son and I made trip to Truman (Bucksaw) after the rain. Fished stumps in 20 fow to about 6 fow. Turned out to be a beautiful day. Found shad is large concentrations but could not seem to get the crappie to cooperate. Got out the cast net for some bait and set out a few jugs on a flat about 16 feet deep and caught 6 nice blues between 7- 10 pounds each. First time jugging for my son and he seemed to think it made for easy fishing. Almost like going to the grocery store. Going to have a nice fish fry tonight. I'll try to remember the camera next time.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

nice going, have not been cat fishing in for ever, well except up at the pond, nothing better that a fresh fish fry. congtrats.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip with the family even if the crappie did not cooperate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's share hard to beat a mess of fresh catfish, and a hole lot of fun following a few jugs around the lake.
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Good job getting the family out on the water. We were out on sat as well and and only ended up with 5 keeper crappie. I'm about to give up on summer Truman crappie I'm ready for some cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got back out myself. We tried stumps, clumps, cedars, rigging, flipping, begging, everything but gigging. Two crappie worth keeping. Did the same, netted some of the 99 billion 2" shad swarming around and drifted a 10' flat and boated six nice blues and two channel in no time.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.