Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherrywood Jig Pole?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cherrywood Jig Pole?

About two years ago, I stumbled upon a 10' Berkley Cherrywood rear seat jig pole at my local bait shop. This has BY FAR been the best jig pole I have ever laid my hands on. Unbelieveable backbone and still very sensitive, not to mention tough enough to take my abuse! I have been planning on getting another one, and would really like to have an eleven footer. Problem is, these rods seem to be non-existent. Can't even find them on Berkleys web site. The guy at the bait shop said they stopped making the rear seat, but still make the forward one. Why can't I find this rod anywhere?
    Last edited by Cmj; 08-04-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck I've been looking an haven't found one either. I have a 10' not rear seat that I found a couple years ago in a small bait shop also.

Post Thanks / Like

try ebay or google and keep clicking on those "nexgt page" at the bottom, sometimes I've found some interesting stuff if you keep clicking. LOL
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    try ebay or google and keep clicking on those "nexgt page" at the bottom, sometimes I've found some interesting stuff if you keep clicking. LOL
    I have searched the web pretty good, nothing so far. This thing is a phantom.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

posts your question on tackle underground.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cmj View Post
    About two years ago, I stumbled upon a 10' Berkley Cherrywood rear seat jig pole at my local bait shop. This has BY FAR been the best jig pole I have ever laid my hands on. Unbelieveable backbone and still very sensitive, not to mention tough enough to take my abuse! I have been planning on getting another one, and would really like to have an eleven footer. Problem is, these rods seem to be non-existent. Can't even find them on Berkleys web site. The guy at the bait shop said they stopped making the rear seat, but still make the forward one. Why can't I find this rod anywhere?
    have you had any luck finding another 10 foot? i have the 7 ft and love it but would like to have a longer one. thanks JB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan55 View Post
    have you had any luck finding another 10 foot? i have the 7 ft and love it but would like to have a longer one. thanks JB
    They are making jig poles again, but they totally re-designed them. The guy at the bait shop knew I was looking for one and showed me the new ones. Flimsy looking things. I can't speak on their performance because I haven't bought one yet, but I can tell just by looking at them that they lack most of the qualities that I liked in my old Cherrywood. I have no doubt that they are good rods though, just totally different than the old ones.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use to have one until I lost the upper half. I can assure you that they don't float.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Seems BPS has some of the Cherrywood rods, but not long ones.

Berkley CherrywoodŽ Spinning Rods | Bass Pro Shops

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a 8ft cherrywood fly rod at my local kmart but haven't ever seen a spinning version with rear reel seat but I'll keep my eyes open for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast