PDA

View Full Version : Cherrywood Jig Pole?

Cmj
08-04-2013, 08:40 AM
About two years ago, I stumbled upon a 10' Berkley Cherrywood rear seat jig pole at my local bait shop. This has BY FAR been the best jig pole I have ever laid my hands on. Unbelieveable backbone and still very sensitive, not to mention tough enough to take my abuse! I have been planning on getting another one, and would really like to have an eleven footer. Problem is, these rods seem to be non-existent. Can't even find them on Berkleys web site. The guy at the bait shop said they stopped making the rear seat, but still make the forward one. Why can't I find this rod anywhere? :dono

mb4850
08-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Good luck I've been looking an haven't found one either. I have a 10' not rear seat that I found a couple years ago in a small bait shop also.

jimp
08-04-2013, 01:56 PM
try ebay or google and keep clicking on those "nexgt page" at the bottom, sometimes I've found some interesting stuff if you keep clicking. LOL

Cmj
08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
try ebay or google and keep clicking on those "nexgt page" at the bottom, sometimes I've found some interesting stuff if you keep clicking. LOL

I have searched the web pretty good, nothing so far. This thing is a phantom.

snake River
08-05-2013, 09:26 PM
posts your question on tackle underground.

Cardsfan55
12-09-2013, 09:29 AM
About two years ago, I stumbled upon a 10' Berkley Cherrywood rear seat jig pole at my local bait shop. This has BY FAR been the best jig pole I have ever laid my hands on. Unbelieveable backbone and still very sensitive, not to mention tough enough to take my abuse! I have been planning on getting another one, and would really like to have an eleven footer. Problem is, these rods seem to be non-existent. Can't even find them on Berkleys web site. The guy at the bait shop said they stopped making the rear seat, but still make the forward one. Why can't I find this rod anywhere? :dono
have you had any luck finding another 10 foot? i have the 7 ft and love it but would like to have a longer one. thanks JB

Cmj
12-09-2013, 10:11 AM
have you had any luck finding another 10 foot? i have the 7 ft and love it but would like to have a longer one. thanks JB

They are making jig poles again, but they totally re-designed them. The guy at the bait shop knew I was looking for one and showed me the new ones. Flimsy looking things. I can't speak on their performance because I haven't bought one yet, but I can tell just by looking at them that they lack most of the qualities that I liked in my old Cherrywood. I have no doubt that they are good rods though, just totally different than the old ones.

Barnacle Bill
12-09-2013, 10:18 AM
I use to have one until I lost the upper half. I can assure you that they don't float.:mad:

skiptomylu
12-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Seems BPS has some of the Cherrywood rods, but not long ones.

Berkley CherrywoodŽ Spinning Rods | Bass Pro Shops (http://www.basspro.com/Berkley-Cherrywood-Spinning-Rods/product/12101705270749/)

VaCrappieMan
12-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I saw a 8ft cherrywood fly rod at my local kmart but haven't ever seen a spinning version with rear reel seat but I'll keep my eyes open for you

Cmj
12-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I use to have one until I lost the upper half. I can assure you that they don't float.:mad:

Lol! No, they don't. I once had to take a swim for mine.

Cmj
12-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Seems BPS has some of the Cherrywood rods, but not long ones.

This is the problem. The shorter rods are everywhere, but the long poles went MIA for a while. Apparently it was because they were doing away with the old ones so they could re-design them to mimic some of the more popular ones. A mistake, IMO. If any of you ever get a chance to buy one of the old ones, jump on it. You won't regret it.

Eager Beaver
12-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Check with Wal-Mart, that is where I get my Berkley Cherrywood rods. I mainly go for the 5' rods and love to dock shot with them. EB

gatoloco
12-09-2013, 04:56 PM
southwest parts and tackle in Dallas TX. I bought 1 from there a few months ago.