Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Myrtle Beach area Crappie fishing-Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Myrtle Beach area Crappie fishing-Help!

(This is also posted in the SC forum, but I figured it would get in front of more people here)

Myrtle Beach area Crappie fishing
    I'm going to be vacationing in Myrtle Beach from the 3rd to the 12th. I'm looking for a couple locations where my 5 year old daughter and I can go catch some crappie. She saw the 70+ my father in law and I caught and she's dying to get out and catch a few. Any ideas? We will be fishing from the shoreline, and I know it'll be tough sledding with the weather, but it's all she talks about. She went so far as to draw a little book of her and I fishing together. Any help would be greatly appreciated! We will be staying at Seawatch and are across the street from House Pond, but I don't know if it holds crappie. Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

if you can't find anything else I'll bet that pond has enough gills to keep her happy for a while. Good Luck!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dman ... I looked it up, and there are several bodies of water in that general area, besides House Pond. I could not, however, determine if they were public or private, or what species were present. Have you talked to anyone at Seawatch, to see if they know anything about these bodies of water ??
    If they don't know anything, and you don't get any local info from the site members, your next best bet would be to contact the S. Carolina Fish & Game folks.

Then again, once she sees the ocean/beach, Crappie fishing "might" have to wait for a better time & place

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I say toss a chunk of mullet or some shrimp in the surf and catch a bunch of different stuff... I just got back from myrtle beach in June... I caught quite a few whiting and sharks in the surf but had most of my luck in small creeks catching flounder... The whole time there I didn't think about crappie enjoy your trip and have fun