Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the other fisherman goes though from your boat wake

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What the other fisherman goes though from your boat wake

It seems that on most trip to the lake in the summer this happens. Today I just happened to have the video camera going. It doesn't take long just to slow down to pass another boater. This was in a bottle neck of the lake where the lake is only around 40 yards across. There was also a guy in a kayak and this guy cut between to two of us, I had to cut the video because he wasn't to happy :

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

That kind of stuff drives me nuts. It's usually the pleasure boaters that do it to me. I actually had a deck boat do 6 circles around me when I was spider rigging. I was extremely unhappy to put it nicely

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like me on a Saturday. When every other thought I'm thinking involves either a stick of dynamite or some kind of cannon. It's time for me to call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy probably did slow down in a feeble attempt to be nice but slowed down just enough to throw out an even bigger wake and the end result was your video. I've had ski boats and wake board boats slow down but they end up throwing a bigger wake on me. I don't do CCW for this primary reason. LOL
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why i mostly fish motor restricted lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Happens everywhere. I believe no one should be able to purchase a boat with a motor larger than 15 hp until they have spent 12 months on a large lake in a 14' john boat. Bet they would figure it out pretty quick. Problem is the folks like that deck boat doing circles think they are being cool.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I could not get video to work

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. I like folks to go by me either wide open or idle wake. Nothing worse than a boat ats running half speed and throwing huge wakes.....
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

happens all the time up here
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with the ski boats, deck boats or any boat for that matter running wide open, half throttle or any other way they want to just as long as they stay a reasonable distance away and are in an unrestricted speed zone. Hey, its their weekend too and they want to enjoy their time perusing the passion as much as I do. Heck they should have a place to do their thing too. Where I have the problem is when they do that stuff in the "NO Wake" or restricted zones.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast