Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: El Dorado Lake Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default El Dorado Lake Report

If you’re coming to crappie camp this month here is your report for the week.

Upper part of the lake, very muddy... Found stained water about one mile from the RR causeway south and fish are in 6-8 FOW on trees. Large baits are the ticket at this time.

Should be the same all month...

More to come later.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about trying some of that new found knowledge for walleye tomorrow if I can get out between the rain!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/brody.a.hurt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sah View Post
    I'm thinking about trying some of that new found knowledge for walleye tomorrow if I can get out between the rain!
    Are you and your dad coming to crappie camp? Invite your family if you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to come with it being this close to home but my daughter will be playing volleyball on Saturdays by then. There's never many free Saturdays once v-ball starts. Not much out ranks fishing in my opinion but watching her always will. I hope you have great weather and I'm sure it will be a great time.
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/brody.a.hurt

Post Thanks / Like

I was also out there Thursday evening. I figured the mud wouldn’t of made it to the lower end of the lake since they are not release any water yet. Mid\lower lake the water still had very good clarity to it. Kind of weird seeing weeds growing in the water instead of 10ft from the water’s edge.

This isn't exactly a crappie report....

The wipers were still very deep, 25ft+, and the additional 2ft of water in the lake we hit the limit of how deep my crankbaits can reach. Any more water and I’ll have to start using drop weights. I’ve used these with my dad years ago trolling for stripers on Wilson, but hadn’t need them since. First wiper I hooked up with came along with a bonus walleye on the same line. But we couldn’t stretch the walleye to 21in. Overall we had 9 keeper wipers, biggest being 24in. Let them all go to catch again.
    Couldn’t beat the weather for the first day in August, hopes this cool trend keeps up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fishingtim; 08-02-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Stained? If you call disapearing jig at less then 1" stained ok. (north of RR bridge) I know you said south. 2 more feet really made me lost finding tree rows its been down for so long. Thanks for going out with me shane. And yes we did find some fish.
    Nice job Tim. Prrobably see you all out saturday. Exspecialy IF any of you invite me.
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the lake is pretty much full, or will be shortly. We'll see how high it gets after the next round of rain over the next day or two.

Does anyone know if the lower end of the lake is muddy yet?
    I wouldn't think it should be to bad yet since they are not releasing any water, pulling the muddy water south.