Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: google maps

Post Thanks / Like

Default google maps

Keep in mind I am bad dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff. Is there a way to key in a way point on the computer somewhere and see exactly where a waypoint would be located? Then key another and compare the locations. If so I would need pre-school instructions, thanks!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sls View Post
    Keep in mind I am bad dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff. Is there a way to key in a way point on the computer somewhere and see exactly where a waypoint would be located? Then key another and compare the locations. If so I would need pre-school instructions, thanks!
    If you have Google Earth ...open it & just type the coords in the blank space at the top of the screen (far left on the GE toolbar) ... then click the "magnifying glass", just to the right of that, and your location will be pinpointed.
    I used these coords - n36 38'45.20 w85 16'02.36 - to pinpoint a boat on Dale Hollow.

Works the same when using Google Maps site.

When using Google Earth ... you can enter your coords to find spot #1, then click on the yellow pushpin icon to mark it ... erase the coords to spot #1, then enter coords for spot #2 ... and compare.

Unfortunately Google Maps doesn't work that way, because it does not have the tool bar icons for marking individual/separate spots. It would still work, but you'd have to remember where spot #1 was located when you were comparing it to spot #2.

That may be closer to 5th Grade instructions, than pre-school, but ... that's the best I can do

... cp