Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone been to Acton lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone been to Acton lately?

We're trying to decide where to go Sunday. Like to get back on the Stillwater once more, but don't know about wading into the river to launch the canoe in these temps. Any decent saugeye being taken at Acton? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roberta.
    I fished the lake for about 7 hours Friday. I split time between bottom bouncing minnows, and throwing Road Runners. I started at 18 feet, and I worked all the way up to the bank. I also checked each piece of visible timber I could see without a bite. The wind was terrible, it was going from bad to worse, so I decided to try pulling some Bandits. I managed to catch the limit of Saugeye, but there wasn't any meat on 'em - so back they went! They all came from the last cove on the right down by the dam.
    Rick.

Extremely windy, and the water temp was still 65 throughout the lake.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

We went out today; water temp was 61 when we started and 64 when we quit. We spent about three hours trying to find crappie or saugeye, but no good .Doug caught one dink crappie in the cove by the lodge.
    After that, we moved north to one of our bluegill honey holes and pulled in close to four dozen, many of them good sized. We didn't need any for the freezer, so we released everything. It was fun, though. Some guy near us who wasn't catching anything about stared a hole through us. He moved to the spot as soon as we left. lol

Friday we fished a friend's farm pond and caught about 20 hybrid bluegill and one bass. That was fun. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern