Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Charity tourney at MTL any advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charity tourney at MTL any advice?

Making my 2nd trip to MTL lake to fish a charity tourney this weekend. Caught a lot of fish last year but they were all dinks. We trolled timber on deep bluffs mostly and had a tone of fun catching fish but would really like to catch a few decent ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Baja,

There are a couple posts on here and you might check South Fork Resort out as well.....their blog can sometimes help. I wish I could be more helpful but been working on our cabin over at MTL for 3 weekends straight now and not a minute on the water. Sounds as though things are turning around a bit.

What charity is it?

Tis the season for Tournaments...... Chigger Hill two weeks ago, Shack Tournament this weekend and CrappieMaster's is coming up also!

U

Post Thanks / Like

It is for Missouri Disabled Sportsman. Details are on www.missouriwhitetails.com under the fishing section.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a lot of fun, good luck!

U

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Baja, don't think you want any advice from me right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent fished twain since "mudfest 1" so I don't have any up to date info for ya... but if I were fishing and looking for bigger fish, first I would try to get away from the pleasure boaters and the typical weekend anglers, and that means the western arms of the lake. trolling cranks on the lower end is fun, but I have a hard time finding the big sows like that. a a vast majority of my post spawn tourney sized crappie were caught spider rigging the edges of the old river and creek channels. they might be on the rocks, or the points, or the stick-ups or maybe the laydowns or open water. but there will be nice crappies somewhere near deeper water. good luck with your tourney, big guy! hope ya tear em up good!