Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: help trim problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default help trim problem

I hope someone help me with a problem I have with my trim. The trim works fine to a piont then it stops lifting (tilting). When I put the boat on the trailor the tilt works fine, it seems strong. This is what I done when the problem showed up, I raised the motor up two holes. The motor I have is 1979 evinrude 100hp. Are they an adjustment that i'm not seeing or something else I can do to help?

Post Thanks / Like

Does this only happen while going down the lake and trying to trim it up?Or does it do all the time its in the water?If its just while moving down the lake on pad it is normal.My boat wont trim past half way mark while on pad.If your motor is mounted to high you wont be able to trim it out on pad becuase of this.
    Why did you raise your motor?

Post Thanks / Like

did u just check your fluid in the pump?

Post Thanks / Like

I raised the motor to get more speed and a better hole shot. This only happens when its up on plane. I have checked the trim fluid and its good. I may have the motor up to high but its not blowing out.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a normal condition.I cant explain it but the trim is desinged to only raise so far while on plane.You have two options.1 you can lower your motor back down or 2 you can buy trim extenders that clip onto the trim rods and lengthen them ie. raise the motor higher.

Post Thanks / Like

May be set so you can only raise it higher if the motor is in neutral. Probably a "safety" feature.:rolleyes:
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some motors, at least older Mercs like mine have a trim limit switch. This only allows you to trim up so far. There is another switch on the remote marked "trailer" which by passes the limit switch so you can get it high enough for the trailer.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

go to this site T M D or some one will help you.

http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
    retired and now i will always fish