Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayak Trip Report, Beaverdam Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak Trip Report, Beaverdam Creek

Frustrating morning, I started at Rockhouse dewatering area but it’s still flooded from a couple weeks ago. I then drove over to Swan Creek WMA but the same story too much water. I ended but on the north end of Limestone bay and Beaverdam Creek. Fishing was very slow but I managed a Crappie here and there on laydowns. I ended up keeping half a limit and tossed back enough to have limited out. Largest fish was only 12” with most being around 11”. Best color was a white 1/16oz Marabou jig. Fish were in three to four feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out, with all the rains we had up here, its finally down there huh?
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Many of the areas I target in the summer are dewatering areas that are set up for waterfowl. They're pumped down in the summer so they can plant food crops that are left standing in the fall and winter. Lake Wheeler got high enough to flood over the levees and fill these areas. It will take three to four weeks to get them back to normal summer levels. I move here two and half years ago and it seems that it's rained at least once a week since I got here. The locals keep telling me that dry summers are normal and droughts are common. I haven't seen this much rain since monsoon season in Korea.

Post Thanks / Like

yes it has been on the wetter side of normal the past couple years.