Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Help, anybody crappie fishing Grand Lake right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help, anybody crappie fishing Grand Lake right now.

I'm new to Crappie.com and am glad i found it. Anyway, i have always enjoyed crappie fishing but most of my experiance comes from copan lake during the spawn and now I am spending my time during the summer at grand. I can not seem to find the little buggers, came across a couple of dinks just trolling trying to find the schools but to no luck. I've tried deep water about 30' on brush, right off the deep slope of a river channel. Please help.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm no expert and have never fished Grand Lake, but summer fishing here they find "flats".....the gentle slope between the channel and shore....and they dip minnows/jigs/combinations of both around standing trees or sunken brush. Fish very slowly...that is, when you get your bait down to around 10', hold it pretty still for a bit, then maybe a little twitch. If no bite, bring bait up to 8' and try again. You may find fish as shallow as 4-5' , depending on water color, or as deep as the thermocline.

Good luck and welcome to the site

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. Can't give any Grand Lake advise though.

Post Thanks / Like

Horse Creek Bridge. Start hitting the docks in about any cove...find brush.

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."