Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reliving my glory years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reliving my glory years.

This was in April of 1997 and was my first power lifting meet in the 198lb weight class even though I was only around 193lbs. I squatted 550lbs and dead lifted 530lbs. This was my practice round for the state championships that November where I went on to squat and dead lift 575lbs with a 425lb bench for a total of 1575lbs which qualified me for nationals right on the nose. (ADFPA-American Drug Free Power Lifting Association) This was my ultimate goal. I took second place losing out to my training partner who beat my by 10lbs. I never competed again as three months later I discovered the world of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and have been involved with that for over 15 years now.

http://s445.photobucket.com/user/Tap...7d5d3.mp4.html

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

George it's a good thing you gave up on power lifting. One of my friends was a power lifter and he say's that is the reason his body is in bad shape today.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn I thought you look mean nowadays, you looked pretty bad azz in that video. How much do you think you could lift now? I used to easily bench my weight , now I it isn't so easy lol.
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Post Thanks / Like

Great going George,better enjoy it while you can, I am thankful that I can still lift a fishing rod ,I look for the light ones now,LOL
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Boy do I feel like a wimp, I pulled my back out lifting a pair of tennis shoes, 2 days in bed, 2 days off work and extreme pain. I am glad you never blew out your disk in your back. pretty awesome lift!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Damn I thought you look mean nowadays, you looked pretty bad azz in that video. How much do you think you could lift now? I used to easily bench my weight , now I it isn't so easy lol.
    While I am lifting again I am just playing around and not going real heavy. That video was 16 years ago. It would be a challenge for me to lift 55% now of what I could then.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in High school, I benched 230. worked out 150 curl. had the school record for chin lifts at 150. Could leg press full rack no problem on leg press at 1800 and could dead lift 750. If I tried to dead lift 750 today, My lower back would just fall off and melt through the cracks of the floor. Shoot, if I tried any of those workouts today at half what I used to, targeted muscles would laugh and ask me if I was serious. Then through a little pain on me just for a little reminder.

I remember in my school days though, I liked the burn and was addicted to it. If I did not get to workout or wrestle at practice, I would be bouncing off the walls with so much energy. I would not get good sleep unless I had worked out hard.

I remember when I first started working on the farm after high school how I was lifting things then that I had no business lifting. Could hold things up while dad was working on them where a jack should have been used. Dad used to tell me to settle down and use something to hold whatever it was we were working on. He was afraid I would hurt myself. I never did but I was lucky. Now I use anything I can and only if all else fails, the old heave ho is used cause I usually feel it for a few days. But i can still do it every once in a while.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    When I was in High school, I benched 230. worked out 150 curl. had the school record forchin lifts at 150. Could leg press full rack no problem on leg press at 1800 and could dead lift 750. If I tried to dead lift 750 today,My lower back would just fall off and melt through the cracks of the floor. Shoot, if I tried any of those workouts today at half what I used to, targeted muscles would laugh and ask me if I was serious. Then through a little pain on me just for a little reminder.

I remember in my school days though, I liked the burn and was addicted to it. If I did not get to workout or wrestle at practice, I would be bouncing off the walls with so much energy. I would not get good sleep unless I had worked out hard.

I remember when I first started working on the farm after high school how I was lifting things then that I had no business lifting. Could hold things up while dad was working on them where a jack should have been used. Dad used to tell me to settle down and use something to hold whatever it was we were working on. He was afraid I would hurt myself. I never did but I was lucky. Now I use anything I can and only if all else fails, the old heave ho is used cause I usually feel it for a few days. But i can still do it every once in a while.CF
    You still are number 1 in chin lifts.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 54 yrs old and 235 lbs.

For the record I can honestly say that I bench my weight on a regular basis without strain or injury.

Park Bench.... waiting room bench..... mall bench.....

NO PROBLEM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don G View Post
    You still are number 1 in chin lifts.
    Yea. but I bet he doesn't need two hands to lift the Geritol bottle.