Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: re locating crapie condos?

Post Thanks / Like

Default re locating crapie condos?

I put out several crappie attractors ( no hang ums or porcupines) around by dock last spring,,, now they dropped the lake 5ft for winter pool and they are about 2-3 ft out of the water,, is it ok to move them to deeper water ,, I really want to fish this fall/winter,,, Im at ky lake (north end) or should I leave them where they are and wait until late spring,, if I move them how long will I have to wait
    thanks

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation IMHO ...... Darn skippy I'd move them !! ......

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybub
    I put out several crappie attractors ( no hang ums or porcupines) around by dock last spring,,, now they dropped the lake 5ft for winter pool and they are about 2-3 ft out of the water,, is it ok to move them to deeper water ,, I really want to fish this fall/winter,,, Im at ky lake (north end) or should I leave them where they are and wait until late spring,, if I move them how long will I have to wait
    thanks
    just on the outside chance that:

1. someone else may take note of where they're currently located
    2. someone may decide to "borrow" them, for their own use
    3. freezing temps may compromise the center hub

If moved to deeper water, they should be productive in a matter of days ... if placed in a strategic spot.
    I would even consider taking them out, and storing them until early next year, if you can't/don't find that strategic spot. You do realize that, once placed in the deeper water, they probably won't be retrievable ... and you will have to aquire/make new condo's for your dock.

On a completely different, but related, note ...... how is it that KY Lake is "dropped 5ft", when most of the rest of the lakes in Ky are flooded ? Central Ky is likely to reach a monthly total of 10in of rain ... we've already received over 8in, and it's been pouring rain (off and on) for the last 24hrs. Are you guys in West Ky/Tn not getting in on this Monsoon ?? :D (Seriously, I hope you aren't .... so, at least, some waters are fishable) ........... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Because Tn did not get much water. WE only got 1/2" the other day while Ky was flooding.
    But sure hope we get some rain soon.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

It went down for the fall draw down. It went up almost 2 foot when the rain came. It is now on it's way badk down. The problem is it is the color of dark red clay and will be for several days if not a couple of weeks. Barkley is even worse.
    THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

ky lake summer pool is dropped 5 ft, starting july 1st, 1 ft a month,, so when I put in the no hangems, they were in about 8-9 ft of water around my dock , but now the lake is at 354-355 they stick out 2 ft,,, yes we got 1o" of rain so the lake came up about 1.5-2 ft but they quickly droped it down to near winter pool,, *(it amazes me how fast they can raise or lower the lake)
    thanks for the input,, I do have a spot in our cove that is about 8-10 ft deep at winter pool,, I will try moving them in a couple of weeks
    bub