Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: back browser not working

Post Thanks / Like

Default back browser not working

this is becoming an issue...for years now I had become used to having to hit the back browser at least twice on crappie.com for it to work. Now, it does nothing only
    certain threads. I have no choice but to click on Forums and start over again. I have clicked the compatibility button and that does not help. whats going on?

Post Thanks / Like

The back arrow hasn't worked for me in a while, If you hit the down arrow beside the back and forward arrow you can return to the forum with out starting over. It will drop down and show your history, just click on the one you want. While you are reading the post other sites have popped up in your history or something like that, hit the down arrow and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I've heard of members having this problem, I've never been able to recreate it. Back button works fine for me, and I have tried many different browsers including IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and even SeaMonkey! Back button always works.

But if it does not work you can always click on the forum name on the "Bread Crumb" line. Kinda the third line from the top of the page. I copied the line below, but it copied funny. Anyway, you should be able to click on the forum name without having to go all the way back to the top of the chain.

Forum Crappie Fishing - Crappie.com Main Crappie Fishing Forum back browser not working
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Download CCleaner and run it often...

It could be the cache filling up...

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same problem for years. Slab and i talked about it , he said he thought it was an ie issuse. Seemed to get better for awhile a few months ago seems that when i first get on a thread i can go back with 2 clicks, but if you go on it takes 3 or more to get back. Most of the time just go back to the down arrow beside back & forth. Still aggrevating!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

NOTE : most of the scuttlebutt about back buttons not working, relate to "Ads" being inserted into the Back Que as the cause of having to click the Back Arrow multiple times. I observed this very thing, back when I was originally having to click the Back Arrow multiple times. BUT, since becoming a SuperMod, and having advertisements blocked from the message screen, I've had no such problems.

Kman ... have you tried using the mouse buttons, rather than the "Back Arrow" ?? If you click the Right Mouse button, when your pointer is on a blank part of the screen, a drop down menu comes on ... then you can click on "back" (1st choice in the menu).

When this problem first appeared, I was having to click the Back Arrow several times to get back to the previous page. I was still using Internet Explorer, at the time ... but, I may have had IE7 or IE8 I do know that since IE9 started, I was having so much trouble even getting ON the web ... long waits for pages to load, "not responding" errors, etc. ... that I started using Chrome, and haven't had those problems since I switched.

I have been using CCleaner for years ... but, you don't want to use it blindly, as it can really mess up your computer. I researched every single "choice" involved, before checking the box beside that choice ... to see what it would do, or whether or not I really needed those files "cleaned". You also have to put the web address (URL) of websites you don't want cookies cleaned from, into a "ignore/exempt" file in CCleaner ... otherwise you'd have problems getting back on the site.

Have you tried using the Right Mouse Button to click on the Back Arrow, instead of the Left Mouse Button ?? Using the Right Mouse Button will cause a menu to drop down, showing you all the prior pages you've been on. You can then click on the page you want to go back to.

... cp

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using IE 9 now for about 6 months without any problems
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I have been having the same problem but just thought it was my computer since I have had trouble with it before.

FISH ON

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    I have been using IE 9 now for about 6 months without any problems
    According to some of the discussion forums ... the back button issue is not the fault of IE, but rather the insertion of ads into the back que by certain websites. That just seemed to fit this situation, since many members having back button issues have related that they don't have this issue on other sites. You (& I) being a SuperMod ... we're exempt from a lot of those ads that regular members have to deal with.

IE9 may have had some updates/fixes applied since it first came out, but I'm happy with Chrome. I still have IE9 on my computer, but just don't use it.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

i had that issue with internet explorer, switched to firefox and it works most every time
    If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person.
    If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house.
    If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation.
    If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world