Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Multi-species fishing at LOZ this weekend - advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multi-species fishing at LOZ this weekend - advice?

What's up all?!?

The family and I are taking a little excursion down to LOZ this weekend. Since the kiddo will be in-tow, I'll have to keep my fishing to late at night and early in the AM. Our friends house that we are staying at is near the 8MM, outside Sunrise Beach. Are the crappie still hitting under lights at night? Minnows only or are jigs taking a few fish?

Any bass fishing buddies out there? My go to is a texas-rigged (no weight) Senko worm... figure I might toss that around the docks (NO BOAT ... he's got one of them FANCY SCHMANCY cruisers... what a waste... :-P I could turn that underneath cabin/galley into one hell of a livewell... fishing from shore and my buddies dock). I'll have the whole tackle box at my disposal. Just seeing if anybody can give me a pointer as I don't want to spend too much time practicing my knot tying :-P

Here's to hoping that we all catch'em big!!!

Zac

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you....there will be lots of docks down there, and maybe his neighbors will allow you to walk onto them? Maybe he could call ahead and ask permission, or you can just knock on doors

Post Thanks / Like

i've been catching crappie under dock lights pretty consistantly this week, black and char. tripple ripple grubs or small gray/black anything that looks like a shad on 1/32 fish are 6-12' and it seems like the best time has been after 11pm, no help on bass, catfishing is improving, i used shad which are available right now