Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman: Still Saving My Money and Frog Gigging is Phenominal Right Now

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman: Still Saving My Money and Frog Gigging is Phenominal Right Now

In my last post I talked about not fishing for awhile and saving money for when it got a little better, which it seems to be doing from what I've heard, I am gonna try and give em' hell this weekend. Anyway, since then I have been doing some alternative activities. I think the most fun I have had in a awhile has been frogging, which seems to be my new addiction in the past few weeks. I have been finding some impressive bullfrogs, and green frogs that are pretty good size as well. I used to frog gig all the time in my teenage years and haven't been much until recently. The best thing about it is the frogs are in abundance this year, I think its because all the rain we had earlier in the year. I have a bad shoulder that becomes evident after a night of frog gigging. It will wear you out if your not careful.The frog legs I've been getting are delicious. I would suggest that anyone who hasn't tried it, does try it. You can make your own gig, and some of the ones I've been finding you really need a smaller net on a long pole, due to mud and the fact that the frogs our out on the water. Just be sure and follow the limits and guidelines, daily limit is eight bullfrogs or green frogs, or a combination of either totaling 8, the possession limit is 16... Hope some of you try it and have fun, it can get tricky at times...

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My two sons have been going a few times this year. They wound up with 15 Saturday night. I see a cookout in the near future.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmmm..... frog legs! been awhile since I went out frogging. never used a gig, though. one guy holds the light and the other guy gets in the water and grabs the frog. good times!

Post Thanks / Like

Most fun we ever had was using a small crappie jig in a 1/32oz head dangled over their face, they gulp it up, SET THE HOOK. Back then we used just plan bamboo, now we have them fancy smancy light weight graphite rods... I ought to try that again.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I still do it the poor mans way, wade and grab by hand, Oh and yes I am that fast, trust me

Post Thanks / Like

Love to get some frogs man. This working overnights is killing me though right now. I haven't even wet a line since memorial weekend.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

No. 9 shot, a spot light and a 12 pack, easy as 1,2,3.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."