Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishy weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishy weekend

Went to the Osage saturday looking to bass fish. Got to the parking lot and it was full at 7:30. Bass tournament going on.Went ahead and tried bass fishing but that was a no show. I did catch a 20" walleye while bass fishing. Also 1 bluegill. Husband caught an 18" walleye, a 4 lb. channel cat and a drum. When we got home I told husband that my parents would have liked the walleye catching. We use to go to Canada when I was a kid to walleye fish. Dad passed away in 98 and mom just passed July 11, 2013 at the age of 90. We went back sunday because no 2 days are the same on that river. No one else in parking lot. I ended up catching a 13 1/4" lm bass, 17 1/2" lm bass, dink bass, 2 bluegill, 1 gar, 1 crappie and a 7 lb. channel cat. The cat was caught on worms dragging on the bottom while floating down the river. Everything else was on the same crank bait. Not telling what it was. Husband caught 16 1/2" sauger, small flathead cat, dink lm bass and 1 bluegill. Only 2 other rigs in parking lot when we left around 2:30. It sprinkled a couple of times on us but that felt good. Went passed Hwy. 50 ramp and only a dozen rigs in that lot. For a sunday afternoon that was empty. Usually it is packed. Oh well it was a good time. Now to deal with all the stuff with my mom's estate. Since I am an only child it shouldn't be that much to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Condolences on your mom's passing, perchplucker. Hope dealing with the estate doesn't add more stress.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a couple nice days, Sorry about your mom. peace

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mixed bag of fish! Sorry about your mom.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Sorry for the loss of your mother.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss glad you got to get out and get some though.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30