Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Extreme Fishing Concepts and Driftmaster Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extreme Fishing Concepts and Driftmaster Rod Holders

Hello all!

my friend read some reviews on this site about EFC cleat bass boat bases for driftmasters and ordered a 6 pairs. My question is since the bases are only right threaded (no lefts made in that top mount) how secure does it stay if you troll with this and you have a 50lb fish hit (which is what I will troll for)...will it turn the holder to the back and cause it to slip your pole in the water or is the wing nut strong enough to clamp down? I would like to know if anyone has experience on these before I purchase the mounts from ECF for my Stratos. Thanks in advance guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and used it a little bit, the only reason I don't use it is the mounting location is not level on my boat, and leans or slopes out towards the water causing the rod holder to be further away from me than I prefer. Nothing wrong with the rod holder mount itself. I don't think the holder/mount itself will give or move on the assumption you have the wingnut tightened down securely. If you have one on the left side I would recommend you get a left hand threaded rod holder from driftmaster so the rod holder itself will not spin or come loose when a big fish gets on.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

See...that's what I am afraid of. ECF top mount only comes right threaded so buying a left thread drift master wouldn't work...thus was hoping if anyone has experience with any problems losing pole if big fish hits...would that nut be strong enough if tightly tightened to prevent it from turning towards back of boat..