PDA

View Full Version : You might be a redneck....

DRPEPPER
07-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Well; I figure I had better tell this story before Mrs DP does at the next camp....
We have had a terrible time with critters eating Barney the cat's food. I have shot two possums and a raccon in the last couple of months. I don't think they hurt anything; Mrs DP just don't like feeding them. The possums are easy. You can just slip up on them. But, those coons are lightning fast when you are detected slipping up on them.
Last week just as I was about to go to bed, I noticed a couple of coons eating barney's food. I had already removed my contacts so things were a little blurry; (in my defense). I lined the sights of my 22 up on one of them and pulled the trigger. I may have missed with this shot. But, that coon came right at me and stopped about 10' in front of me and started doing a little dance. I figured a shot to the heart would not be too messy. That thing really went nuts with that shot. So, the next one was to the head which created a bloody flip flopping mess.
When all of the commotion susided, I could hear a spewing sound. First thing that went through my mind was Mrs DP's refridgerator on the other side of the wall. Sure enough I found a hole in the siding. But, instead of freon, it was water from the 1/2" pipe I had shot. To make matters worse, the bullet just knicked the pipe, and logged into her refridgerator.
When I pulled the fridge out to inspect, sure enough I could see the bullet had went into it. Luckily for me, it didn't hit anything vital and is still working fine. I was able to make repairs to the water line and all was well. Except for my embarrassment and Mrs DP's butt chewing for shooting her house and refridgerator. My lesson learned is to allways have my vision corrected before I shoot and to consider what I might hit should I miss my target.
Now when Mrs DP tells this story, she always incudes "You might be a redneck if you have ever shot your refridgerator".
DP

Crappie Greg
07-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Remind me never to be around you when a gun is involved , lucky didn't shoot your wife, may just want to feed the coons and possums from now on, would be the safest thing or get some live traps just catch em and relocate, scary!!!!

hawgdog
07-19-2013, 02:07 PM
:Rofl

RCC
07-19-2013, 03:01 PM
:Rofl x1,000,001 I threatened to shoot a lawn mower I had one time. It would not have been a crime cause it deserved shooting.

Cmj
07-19-2013, 03:04 PM
My lesson learned is to allways have my vision corrected before I shoot and to consider what I might hit should I miss my target.

DP

REALLY??? I learned this when I was like six!!!! :Rofl X2 on what Greg said

dko
07-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Man its BAD to have to tell that on yourself.lol

NIMROD
07-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Dr Pepper's trophy refridgerator.

Question is where are you gonna mount it? Be a good place to keep your cold drinks in the trophy room .:twocents:Rofl

RCC
07-19-2013, 05:20 PM
^
:Rofl

Buckrub
07-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Um, um.......

So why not just shoot 'Barney'? Is there any other use for a cat than .22 targets?

Glad to be of help.

ski trip
07-19-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm with you DP on making a pre-emptive strike and telling that before the wife gets a chance to tell it at our next camp! :Rofl You can control it when you tell it but when she tells it, not so much!! Funny story, and thanks for sharing that with us.

DRPEPPER
07-22-2013, 07:51 AM
1st time I have missed since I was six. I tried the traps; just kept on catching Barney.
DP