Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflecting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reflecting

We are living the rest of the week at Wolly Hollow. I am driving back and forth to work. This has me feeling sorry for myself a little. To top it off, Mrs DP decided to cut my hair. As she was cutting it, memories started going through my mind.
    I saw the white and grey hair falling down my chest. I also saw the grey hairs growing on my chest. I turned 57 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like I turned 30 just a few years ago.
    I told Mrs DP I remember when My hair was coal black and I had a flat belly. All my goals were to reach 200MPH in my race car. I could raise the money to do anything that crossed my mind.
    And as we are refinancing our home out of the construction loan, I wonder. "Why would a bank finance a 30 year loan to a man approaching 60 with a life expaectancy of 75?".
    I wushed I had life figured out like I did 30 years ago.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Don, I'm glad you posted cause "The Doctor" psycho analyst RCC is in.

Quote Originally Posted by DRPEPPER View Post
    We are living the rest of the week at Wolly Hollow. I am driving back and forth to work. This has me feeling sorry for myself a little. To top it off, Mrs DP decided to cut my hair. As she was cutting it, memories started going through my mind.
    I saw the white and grey hair falling down my chest.
    Your barber don't care about that white and grey hair. Besides not many of us have a barber you get to kiss when the job is done.

I also saw the grey hairs growing on my chest..
    Hairless is in. Shave off those chest hairs and you'll look just like the young bucks when you are running around on the beach in your speedos.

I turned 57 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like I turned 30 just a few years ago...
    Happy Birthday. Time flies when you're having fun, and we've been fortunate to see just a portion of it here at Crappie.com in the pics of the grand kids you have put up.

I told Mrs DP I remember when My hair was coal black and I had a flat belly. All my goals were to reach 200MPH in my race car. I could raise the money to do anything that crossed my mind.
    Hair and a flat belly IMHO is much over rated. I haven't had either of those for a couple of weeks and seem to be doing fine. 200 mph would be awesome fun, but at the price of gas these days, 55mph will do. Maybe even 50 would be fine. A person always has a need for more money. Spend all you got and don't worry about it. If you run out, Obama will take you under his wing and give you all you need to get by.

And as we are refinancing our home out of the construction loan, I wonder. "Why would a bank finance a 30 year loan to a man approaching 60 with a life expaectancy of 75?"
    The bank loaned you that money cause they think they will get a nice house at half price when you die at 75. Just fool those banker rascals and live till you're 105 and show them a thing or two. It would serve them right trying to take advantage of a 57 year old man.

Besides, you're fixing to make the big time. At the next Crappie camp when you break out the guitar, and you and I sing a duet, Nashville will get wind of it and they will approach us with a multi-million dollar contract. We've got lots of living left and "the best is yet to come" according to The Bible and Frank Sinatra.

This session was free, but I will need to bill for the next.

"The Doctor"

RCC
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't pay any attention to RCC aka Doctor Dolittle. I percribe a good fishing trip and stop looking in the mirror . If you'll follow this weekly you will begin feeling better right away.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Introducing the singing duo of Dr Pepper and RC. Brought to you by the Pepsi Bottling company. Just testing...does have a little ring to it.

Post Thanks / Like

"A person always has a need for more money. Spend all you got and don't worry about it. If you run out, Obama will take you under his wing and give you all you need to get by."

What an excellant way to veiw things. I guess I am just too stuffy and don't think things out completely.
    Thanks Guys!! I needed that!!
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Then you can thank the idiots that voted for him. Now go get you some black dye for you're hair and break the mirrors. Oh yea and go fishin like Nimrod said.

Post Thanks / Like

Lotta truth in what the doc says. I can relate to what your going through, man. Gonna celebrate 70 in about 10 days. My advice is live every day like it was your last because the clock and calendar just speeds up from here on out. Let's go fishin!

Ski
    My wife keeps saying I never listen to her....... or something like that!

Post Thanks / Like

57? I have socks that old, dude.

AND, I tell these "women barbers" that using a black hair cloth is cruel and unusual punishment, punishable under the US Constitution.

Post Thanks / Like

"A person always has a need for more money. Spend all you got and don't worry about it. If you run out, Obama will take you under his wing and give you all you need to get by."

What an excellant way to veiw things. I guess I am just too stuffy and don't think things out completely.
    Thanks Guys!! I needed that!!
    DP
    If you have not already heard about this you nee to type it into your search engine. "The Obama Creadit Card" There is such a card.

FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don. Are you speaking of the Wooly Hollow on VRBO. I ran across it last night.

Nice.

Don't know if I could find it again. Shoulda put it in favorites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast