Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Pomme Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Pomme Saturday

My crappie club will be fishing out of Wheatland Saturday morning. I got skunked up there back in May on a cold rainy miserable day. I haven't lived it down yet for getting skunked so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there Saturday also. I think the Pomme arm, Lindley arm and Decker Branch should all produce fish. Jigs or minnows both work pretty good this time of year. You should try both timber and brush piles. Usually one or the other could be better on any given day. Which ever one seems best, stick with it, but keep moving. Don't stay with one spot too long. If the bite slows, move to a similar spot.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

good luck sacriverjim. i haven't been on pomme or fishing at all in over 2 months. i have crappie slayers tournament this weekend so i hope i can find a few fish as well. don't need many, but they need to be BIG!!

Post Thanks / Like

thnx wilson, good luck to you too. i seen that crappie slayers were fishing outta pittsburg landing. we are fishing outta wheatland but theres only 5 boats fishing. yea id like to get a few big ones myself but i just dont wanna get skunked this time like i did in may up there. its been 2 months and my buddies still wont let me live it down. if i get skunked this time i doubt if i ever hear the end of it.

Post Thanks / Like

thnx PommeKing for the tip. i think were gonna run up the river a little past bolivar landing and fishing some brushpiles weve pulled fish off this time of year and then work our way back towards wheatland.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any info on the crappie club?
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

yes we are tri lakes crappie club out of mount vernon i will pm you the details

Post Thanks / Like

i can proudly announce i didnt get skunked but sure nothing to brag about either it was slow for us but i placed so now i'll get my first wall plaque which i will hang in my man cave. id like to thank everyone for the good advice and support. theres alot of great guys in crappie.com and i'm sure glad i joined.