Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat shoping

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat shoping

I am looking at a Alumacraft Crappie Deluxe with a 9.9 motor to use on small motor restricted lakes.Does anyone have any input on these boat's.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Alumacraft brand. My boat was built in '67, model FD-11 14'er, about 4' beam, small but functional. Definitely durable. Im looking at the Classic for my next boat, also for horsepower restricted lakes. I like the 34 gallon livewell, and 17 gallon fuel tank. Plus the open floor plan and the 1200 pound capacity. I need more of a utility boat. Something to fish out of for Crappie/Walleye, big enough for grandkids, and plenty of capacity to haul my camping gear and a couple buddies for a week long trip into the back country.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Alumacraft Crappie Jon years ago, with the 9.9 motor and thoroughly enjoyed the boat. The difference in these boats is Crappie Deluxe is 16 feet verses the Crappie Jon is 14 feet. The 9.9 motor pushed the Crappie Jon up the river as fast as I felt confident in the ever changing water flow, so I had no complaints. I recently tried to buy the Crappie Deluxe with the 9.9 motor, but ended up getting a Alumacraft Angler with a 25 motor. Both Alumacrafts, which I owned seemed to be excellent in quality for the money. If you have any other questions PM me.

Gerald

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Alumacraft 14'L 36"Wi with a 9.9 mercury The boat was stable, I could take my son and wife out. They would sit side by side on the middle seat. As far as fishing I would stand in front of the back seat and work the trolling motor with a extension on the handle. My son would stand in the area in front of the middle seat. I was planning on decking the front for a bow mount trolling motor but never got around to doing it. I had a friend that made me a god offer and sold it to upgrade it to a Tracker TX-17. I bought the boat new fished in it for two years and sold it for much more than I had in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for the reply's. I have a Tracker Pro 17 XT now with a Merc 50.It is a nice boat but to big for a 9.9hp.