Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Fellows - What do you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Fellows - What do you do?

If you have a boat with a larger engine, do you:
    1) Get smaller boat for fellows...
    2) Ignore Fellows and just go to the larger lakes...
    3) Rent a boat...
    4) Use a kicker only and use regular boat...
    5) Find a friend with a 40HP boat...
    6) purchase a 40 HP engine for main boat...

???? I like #5 but currently don't know anyone. IF I had plenty of funds I would get a jon boat and rig it with a Parsun 5 hp electric with 8 batteries. If I could engineer a way to safely mount solar panels this would be way cool.

Post Thanks / Like

I like #4, but buying a jon boat would be good too.

Post Thanks / Like

I know where you can find a 14' tracker topper with a '82, 9.9, gas tank, foot controlled 45# Minn Kota edge (used 2x), one year old battery, pedestal seating, trailer, all for ~$1200. Yep, I know where something like that might be.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with Fellows, but I usually stick my boat on such a lake and only use the trolling motor.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

I would just go to the larger lakes depending on where you live? I grew up in that area, I wouldn't plan on catching many fish there, I haven't been there in years but I wouldn't say much has changed. Especially, if you are crappie fishing. I think the time and money would be better spent going to Stockton, Table Rock, or Pomme Deterre, again it depends on where you live, but I can't justify spending money on a boat for fellows lake if you have a bigger boat.. Or you could bring an extra battery and just troll around.. If you don't have a boat you can check around for some good ponds in the area and there are some good ones that most people will let you fish, just ask. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I live 2 minutes from the lake and sold my Tracker w/ 40hp and bought a Ranger and haven't looked back. There's been the occasion where I would like to, for convenience sake, been able to fish Fellows but it's a tough nut to crack. I prefer to just go ahead and fish the bigger lakes, mostly Truman once in a while Pomme, I think you'll find them far friendlier as far as catching fish consistently. So I said all of that to say this.........#2