Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Utility Boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Utility Boats.

My Son is looking to buy a utility boat. Something like a War Eagle. Can you give me some direction as to what would be good? He wants a steering wheel, tilt & trim, live well etc. I have never owned one, so not sure what he should look for. He lives in Alpena Mi. Thanks..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

What's he gonna do with it?

Post Thanks / Like

He's going to fish out of it.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

Craigslist.
    Boats are somewhat location specific. Around here, most lakes are hp restricted. 10hp, 25hp, electric only, and unlimited. Even around me, depending on where you want to fish the most, determines what is practical. No sense buying a Bass Boat with a 190hp motor when you fish 10hp lakes. Not sure what fishing waters are around you, however Craigslist will have used boats typical for your area. Not sayin he has to buy one, however it will give you an idea what the experienced guys use.

They build BassPro shop here about 2 years ago. First year open they had mostly boats with 50hp+, this year most are 25hp and under. Sure they still carry the larger boats and motors, even locally, but they sell more of the smaller boats/motor set-ups.

Just about all the fishing boats around here are Jon, Mod or Deep V, and mostly aluminum. Rocks, logs and fiberglass don't play well together. However if your a river rat, the sky's the limit. Friend runs a 35' cabin cruiser with two Chevy 454 big blocks for power. He can burn about $1000 in fuel in a weekend on the Illinois River. But his wife and him enjoy the lifestyle and enjoy living on the river during the summer. Locally they cruise up and down the river and hit bars along the way. If they get drunk, they stay in the boat overnight. Or they could take a trip up the Illinois to Starved Rock State Park and campout along the way. Plenty of bays to pull into for the night. All depends on what you want to do with it and what you have for bodies of water in your neck of the woods.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Video 11 0 00 00-07.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  51.6 KBName:  Untitled 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  45.8 KBName:  Video 7 0 00 00-13.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  45.0 KBName:  Video 31 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  39.2 KB War Eagle makes a good boat. To each his own but a console takes up a lot of room . Not a fan of any boat that has wood in it . This boat will be for sale soon .