Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BnM 6'6" 2pc vs. pro angler tackle 6'6"-which way do I go?

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM 6'6" 2pc vs. pro angler tackle 6'6"-which way do I go?

I've been looking at a decent quality ultralight based off of what I've read on the boards here. I've decided to hold off on spending $100+ on the St. Croix panfish series and have narrowed down my preferred rod to the bnm and the pro angler tackle in the 6.5' 2 pc. The BnM is the Bucks Graphite Crappie spinning rod and is priced at $35.85 + shipping. The Pro Angler Tackle rod is the 6.5' Ergonomic Cork Handle with stainless steel inserts priced at $43 shipped. If they're roughly apples to apples price-wise, which direction should I go? I honestly knew nothing about either companies a month ago, but getting into crappie fishing recently has forced me to learn all I can about the sport, and both companies are at the top of most people's lists in this price range. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

I have bnm poles and pro angler. My favorite rod is the pro angler 8 ft but I don't think you can go wrong with either

Post Thanks / Like

Is it versatile enough to use for casting as well as jigging? I'll be hopping around the banks of random ponds/lakes with the occasional boat trip. I want to get a kayak, but I'm not at that point yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have recently discovered Crappie fishing and am hooked, pardon the pun! and I too have a thread asking what crappie poles do people like. One thing I have learned is I like a longer pole for jigging and bobber fishing, I currently use a 7ft light carbon pole and love it, actually bought a 8ft fiberglass at a garage sale for $5 and liked it even more, so I guess what I am trying to say is you may consider at least a 7ft rod, you will feel bites much better! jmo

Post Thanks / Like

I too have recently discovered Crappie fishing and am hooked, pardon the pun! and I too have a thread asking what crappie poles do people like. One thing I have learned is I like a longer pole for jigging and bobber fishing, I currently use a 7ft light carbon pole and love it, actually bought a 8ft fiberglass at a garage sale for $5 and liked it even more, so I guess what I am trying to say is you may consider at least a 7ft rod, you will feel bites much better! jmo also I use the 7ft for casting and jigging, I like it for everything but shooting docks, my choice for that is a 5ft light pole

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I would cast from the bank with 8 footers (you may be looking at a big mess if there are trees around) but it does work very well for jigging. That's about all I use it for but I would stick with 6'6 if you're gonna be fishing from the bank. I don't believe you can go wrong with either brand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huntalivesh23 View Post
    I don't think I would cast from the bank with 8 footers (you may be looking at a big mess if there are trees around) but it does work very well for jigging. That's about all I use it for but I would stick with 6'6 if you're gonna be fishing from the bank. I don't believe you can go wrong with either brand
    That was my thought as well. I do enough surf fishing that I know once you get into those longer rods, you lose a little in other areas. I have a 5' lite ugly stik, I bought two cheapos in 6' and 6'6", but I want a quality, "go-to" rod in that 6.5' range. I figure I can use it for jigging as well, obviously I'll sacrifice some of the reach, but I think I'll get by to start.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the Pro Angler, but that is just me. I have the 8' and have used it everwhere for everything, even dropshotting for bass, with GREAT results!

Post Thanks / Like

PAT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexExp View Post
    PAT

ha... I just ordered the PAT 6'6" this morning. I'll probably end up getting both, but I'm starting with the PAT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast